Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Kinsley MacNamara
Safe Haven - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:01 am by KC

» Keenan ford off iwaku
Safe Haven - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:00 am by KC

» Kaitlyn Byrne & Family - Family Ties
Safe Haven - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:27 pm by Cashan

» Meribeth Brodie - Uniting the Nation
Safe Haven - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 pm by Cashan

» The Mulligan's - Ashthorne
Safe Haven - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:21 pm by Cashan

» The Harrison's - Ashthorne
Safe Haven - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 4:03 pm by Cashan

» Ross McAlister
Safe Haven - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 3:00 pm by KC

» Cillian Cavanaugh
Safe Haven - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm by KC

» Tales of Rockford
Safe Haven - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 am by KC

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 am

Affiliates

free forum

photo risenbutton_zpsd68a70fd.jpg free forum

3 posters

Safe Haven

Cashan
    Cashan

Safe Haven - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe Haven

Post  Cashan Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:25 am

Stepping put from black limo, the blackened windows gave no indication from the outside who was riding in it. The state of the streets already told her that this was not the Hunters doing. The Hunter at least had the decency to clean up. Pulling out her phone yet again she text at speed ordering a clean up crew to the area. The last thing she needed was for disease to spread among the humans and send her city into chaos when they all died.

As she slipped the phone back into her pocket, she began to walk forward. Without so much as blinking her hand that once held the cell phone caught the flying head by its hair careful not to get remains on her favorite fur. She walked with a certain air of authority as she breezed through the lobby and stairwells. Tossing her immaculate hair before she entered, she tossed the head at the female holding the bat. " Some party. " she muttered looking around the disgusting room around her. " It's all over my street in fact it's so good. " her voice had a tinge of anger to it. " What's the celebration? " she asked picking at her nails clearly not very interested but conforming to the usual social niceties for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping inside, she stopped dead for a moment as she realized she was walking into a silver tunnel. ' Nice touch. ' she muttered probably within ear shot of Crowe. Taking a deep breathe she fought against her natural instincts and listened as the door locked behind her. There was no turning back now.

She followed a few feet behind trying her best to mask her discomfort. The journey and constant attacks had taken it out of her and the silver was starting to grate on her. The ten minutes were the longest of her life, well of what she remembered and she was almost as relieved to see the second door as she was the first, although the choice of a mirror intrigued her as it was opened from the inside.

Men suddenly rushed her and grabbed at her arms and she put up little struggle, again going against nature. She could feel one the soldiers going to disarm her and take her gun and she shot him a deadly look. " If you take my gun, I will take your hand. " she said with a certain seriousness. She knew the look of defiance and pride in the soldiers eye but that changed with the order from Crowe.

The soldier begrudgingly let her go and backed off as she shot him a smile. ' Thanks. ' she said checking that everything was were it should be with her senses. Satisfied that all of her possessions were with her she watched Crowe give another man some orders. Her brow furrowed at being referred to as ' the woman '. " It's Alex. " she called out to him before turning her attention to the other man. " So do I get the grand tour or do I just get to go through the servants entrance? "
    KC

Post  KC Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:17 pm

A snarl left Colt's mouth as his hearing picked up a vibration in the wall, eyes snapping in unison with Aurora to the door.

'you didnt ask for company did you?" Colt glared at the group as a generalised question, though when noone answered he glanced back down to the ground below and spotted the limo. there weren't many around these days that bothered to ride in such style. and only few walked around dark places at night in such a way. His hands slid from the balcony rail and he turned in time to watch the woman enter through swinging doors on the opposite side of the room. his eyes caught the immediate way she held herself, of course that usual sound of distaste in that parental tone. a big wig,no... THE big wig.

Aurora watched Colt for a moment until their unwelcomed guest arrived, reaching out to catch the head that she had returned and holding the bat so that the main of it rested against her shoulder. She never cared for the mess that surrounded them, it was their nature, she felt it was a nessecity of their existance.

"your street?" Aurora snorted with a mocking laugh, looking back to Colt who had been yet to speak a word.

"And I suppose we have to care about your 'streets' " Aurora added before Colt interjected.
    "now now Aurora, we're in the presence of a figurehead, wouldnt want to bloody her delicate shoes now" He announced as he walked towards Ebony, eyes fixated unrelentingly over her form, taking his time in circling her before he stopped back infront, his tone somewhat serious though whether it was true was a mystery.

"No particular reason, just a family dinner" he commented as he raised a half smile
    "And why is it you decided to leave your ivory tower to visit" he returned the question, having pinned her sophisticated mannerisms down to a particular woman he had heard much of
    Contego

Post  Contego Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:07 pm

"Doesn't make much difference to me" he called back heading out of sight and off down the side corridors. His personal quaters were the ones closest to the opening door so if ever they were broken he would be the first to know about it. He wasn't a leader that would protect himself over others in his care.
    Locking the door behind him he was lying upon his bed within half an hour after having given his wounds a quick clean.
    Closing his eyes he drifted off into a light sleep his body needing to make up for energy lost in the attack.

-
    Maxwell-
    "Nothing was said about a tour ma'am, I was asked to find you a room to stay in and that is what I shall do" he watched the woman for a beat then moved, she would follow him or he would shoot her as a threat.
    "It's not the ritz but it will do"
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:53 pm

The corner of lip scowled ever so slightly at the disrespect that the woman showed her. She hadn't seen such insolence from a vampire in some time and it was almost refreshing, almost. As she contemplated whether to rip her heart out first or her throat a male came from the balcony to save her the job of correcting the girl.

She smiled at the man as he at least seemed to know who to respect. " Ah you must be the brains of the operation. " she smirked. As he circled her she placed her hands on hips to show her curves. " Like the view? " she asked him as he circled her not really caring for his response. Her own self belief in her good looks was apparent just obvious to her but to everyone around her.

Moving to the walls examining their little gathering she seemed unimpressed. " A family dinner? Well I figured with your food all over the street it was some kind of street party and I love a good party. " she smirked as she ran her finger across the wall catching some of the blood and running it along her tongue. " Ugh strays, they always taste so ... dirty. " turning back to the other vampires when she heard the mention of an ivory tower she chuckled. " Actually it's called High Tower and the name is Ebony. Now, if you would care for a real party and maybe some finer cuisine, I invite you all to come back to High Tower with me, there's plenty of room in the car for all of you. " she was keen to get this miscreants off her streets and somewhere where she could keep an eye on them for now at least until she could decide whether they were compliant or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. " That's gratitude for ya. " she chuckled. " Must of hurt his ego. " she said to the man who was supposed to direct her to a room. As expected she got a cool and defensive reception. So far they all seemed to have a typical military mentality, that was good, that could work to her advantage later on. Until then she would be an outsider until they decided where she fell among the ranks.

She followed behind Maxwell knowing full well that if she didn't comply now she would be shot on the spot. She took in as much as she could of her surroundings as was possible as she was led to what she assumed was the living quarters.

She could do nothing but laugh as he mentioned the Ritz. " Oh believe me if you saw the Ritz now you would have a whole new classification of what a five star hotel was. " He probably wouldn't understand given that he had probably never ventured that far from Haven let alone been the city. But seeing that the Ritz was now a desolate hell hole were strays often wandered with no place else to go, this place was certainly more desirable.
    Contego

Post  Contego Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:29 pm

"Like I said its not the ritz" replied Maxwell again, he kept his eyes ahead his hand upon the firearms at his hip in case he had to use it.
    Finding a free room that would have once upon been a jail cell he opened the door ushering her inside.
    "The bolts have been removed, we can not lock you in and you can not lock us out" he informed her.
    He pointed her to a bed and a small set of draws.
    "There is two changes of bed sheets in there. The toilets and showers are communal and at the end of this corridors, there is a male and a female section for some privacy"
    His back now pressed to the wall allowing the woman enough space to move around her new dwellings.
    "Do you need anything else Ma'am?"
    KC

Post  KC Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Aurora went ahead with throwing the head into the air, using the bat to hit the head out from the top level before she tossed the bat to another vampire. She let off a short growl of distaste at the inconvenience of having Ebony turn up during their fun time. Perhaps the fact that Colt dared to entertain the woman pissed her off just a little more, though Colt always had an agenda.

"Brains, sure" Colt replied though released a laugh "I wouldn't resign to assuming that though, underestimating others is a weakness" he answered her as he shrugged at her question of whether he liked the 'view'. "could do better" he quipped to give her a stir, if she was going to walk into his lair, he'd not welcome her or anyone with welcoming open arms.
    He watched her as she moved around, obviously accustomed to a life of preservation and class, too clean for the likes of himself. As she mumbled on about dirty strays he snorted with laughter, Aurora sharing the same as she sat with a young and dazed man. The name of the tower instantly confirmed suspicions and Colts canines scraped the insides of his lips with a natural territorial instinct.
    "An invite? to a bunch of strangers who,..what was it? bloodied your streets. What if i decide we like our own dinner enough Ebony" Colt tested her, he like feistiness but if she was going to thrust her chest out in constant motion he would be tempted to decline the offer and take to more bloodied of sports.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:46 pm

She could see the fangs protruding from his lips as she mentioned High Tower and she almost smiled with pride. It seemed her reputation proceeded her although it was sometimes was a hindrance, as was the case now.

She moved towards the door way and leaned against the door frame. " Oh now no need to be like that, my bite isn't that bad " she smirked her own glistening fangs greeted his.

" Well given that the clean up crew will be here soon, it may put a damper on your party and it's been a while since High Tower had a good party and you guys look like you know how to party. " she turned her back and then looked back. " I will be in the car, I will give you five minutes to discuss what you want to do and then I will be leaving. "

With that said she walked away and made her way back to the limo. It was safe to say that if the vampires weren't in the limo in the next five minutes the clean up crew would be cleaning up more then just human blood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She examined the room and was somewhat surprised that she wasn't being thrown into a real cell. She looked at the modest accommodation and nodded, she hadn't expected much more then this so it met all of her expectations. She threw off the bag and it landed on the bed. Metal could be heard smacking together in the bag given the impression that she had even more weapons on her then was obvious.

" You can stop calling me Ma'am for a start, it's Alex. I ain't your mother. " she quipped, knowing that in reality she was probably old to be his mother even if she didn't look like.

Throwing herself on the bed she looked like she was going to settle in for a while and waited for the guard to go. Once he had gone she waited about an hour before she left the bed. Walking out of her cell like room she started to wander around the complex. " No one said I had to stay in my room. " she muttered to herself as she got her bearings. Anyway it would be better off for everyone if she got some food sooner rather then later before her other urges started to take over.

It didn't take long before her heightened senses found the kitchen and her first stop was the fridge. She opened the door and didn't find a whole lot bare some fresh fruit and vegetables. Grabbing an apple she bit into that as she continued to rummage, hoping to find something more substantial in the meantime.
    Contego

Post  Contego Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:08 am

As Maxwell watched the woman move around the room he had to question Crowe in bringing the woman back inside. It was unlike their leader who usually would have been much more vigilant with strangers. But then again he had arrived in some sort of injured state. Narrowing his eyes he wondered what the woman actually had to do with it. Blood suckers didn't usually make it out so far, it unsettled him, he would find it difficult to trust the woman.
    “Not by a long shot... Ma'am” he replied as he began to move out of the room his hand still upon his firearm.

“No one other then the guards and Crowe can enter your room without permission, if anyone does you report to me. Time to eat are 7.30, Noon and 6pm, food will be precooked and provided, provisions are hard to come across do not waste it” he reeled off the list he needed to. “Do not touch the exit doors. You will be shot without question”
    He now stood within the hallway.
    “If that's all Ma'am?” And before she had time to answer he had gone, marching off down the hall.

__
    “Ahhh” he stretched out in the bed stiff as though fresh out of a bar brawl, his neck aches something rotten but he still got up climbing to his feet where one limb at a time he stretched out until he felt the feeling return to them.
    He could have done with another few hours of sleep but Crowe never had time for such things.
    After splashing his face he left his quarters his first stop would be the medical ward to check on the injured and sick. Then he would visit the armoury, the 'school' then his last stop would be the kitchen.

He walked through into the kitchen pale and tired, hours had passed by since he woke now and he was more then ready to curl up back in bed, he hoped that having something to drink he hoped it would perk him up a bit, at least enough that he could go outside once more to finish off the patrol he had started.

Pouring and stirring his coffee he sat down facing away from where Alex had her apple. “Enjoying yourself?”
    KC

Post  KC Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:29 pm

"I'll be the judge of your bite im sure" Colt murmured swiftly in response, his chin lowering towards his chest just a fraction as he considered a move. the room was silent for a moment until Colt shot a glance over to Aurora and waited for her own response.
    "No way in hell Colt," Aurora growled once Ebony had left them, folding her arms as though it would make extra difference in her demeanour though instead it prompted a chuckle from Colt.
    "you seriously cant play nice with girls can you" he commented and sighed, thinking on strategy rather then entertainment for the moment. perhaps Ebony had some incling of where haven was, perhaps it was in their best interests to see what hand she intended to play. In the end he shrugged and wandered over, pulling aurora against his side with his arm around her shoulders
    "Come on, just put your green eyes away and come have a look" he taunted, Aurora grappling with him as they walked towards the door and she relented with a laugh
    "I dont have green eyes for a princess you whore"
    --
    It hadnt been too long between Ebony exiting and the minute Colt unceremoniously yanked the limo door open, gesturing for Aurora to enter first.
    Aurora had pulled her honey blonde hair back into a messy bun and pulled a tightly fitted jacket on . climbing into the limo she hid her impressed feeling and instead looked over at Ebony with half a smile
    "Brought you a gift" she announced, passing over large pitcher, its content gruesomely filled with blood and an eyeball which resembled something of an olive.
    "yeah we figured whats a bit of fresh drink, Aurora makes a mean Crimson cocktail" Colt added, having slid in and slammed the door behind him. He didnt hide the fact that he had absolutely no trust in Ebony, sitting beside the door with his arm comfortably around Aurora.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Still rummaging through the fridge she shut the door in frustration. She didn't at all surprised to see Crowe had entered the kitchen and just grunted. " Well maybe I would be if this place actually had anything to eat. I swear, a girl travels half way across vampire infested land, saves your life and all she can find in the kitchen is an apple and some salad. Let me guess they hide the food to stop midnight snackers is that it? " she sounded jovial trying to be light hearted with him before she went toward him to give him a quick check over.

She instantly spotted the wound on his neck, it was raised and red but given that she had to rip the vampire from him he had got off lightly. " That looks sore, if ya point me in the direction of the freezer I can grab you some ice. It's surprising effective. " she stated with a certain confidence she had gained from experience. " Anyway I am sure the house doc would be telling you to be resting and all that. Good thing I am not the doctor then. " she chuckled trying to be friendly in her own way. It had been such a long time since she actually had to be friendly per say that it all seemed a little odd to her now. It made her question if she could really integrate enough into this society to go through with her master plan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a shorter time then expected both the male and pestering female had joined her in the limo. Without prompting the limo pulled off doing a u turn on the road. As they started to drive down the road two black vans could be seen passing them. The infamous clean up crews of Nightmute City.

Ebony stared at the cocktail that Aurora had made. Smiling, like a perfect hostess she took the pitcher and opened what looked like a wooden panel but that was in fact a hidden fridge. " How thoughtful. Let me store in here at least for the journey. " she said tucking it away.

Draping herself across the seat she settled within the seat of the limo. She pulled out her phone and text furiously, making sure preparations were being made at the Tower. " So what brought you two to the city? The sights, the night life? " she chuckled to herself at her own joke. There were no sights in Nightmute City except for the High Tower that dominated the skyline. Nightmute City was not the original name of the city but that was long since forgotten. It had been dubbed Nightmute City because even at night the city was silent.
    Contego

Post  Contego Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:58 pm

"Have you seen half the men I have here, they are built like brickshit- houses if I were to leave the food out for general consumption there would be nothing left for any of us" his tone light he semi jokes with her his eyes still down upon his coffee, he hadn't moved once to look at the woman, frankly he wasn't in the mood for company other then company he had to have.
    "Though I was going to make a ham salad, I shall make you one also" she had asked if she could help him, he looked down to his pocket which contained the silver powder, it made him feel a little like he were betraying her but he owed it to everyone to make sure.

"There is a freezer in the lockup" he threw her a small set of keys as he got up, they would only open the food supply not the arms room. "Knock yourself out"
    He walked towards the kitchen side and was soon preparing the salad taking a herd bottle from his pocket he glanced at it, he carried it everywhere, silver had been ground into the herbs. Sprinkling it liberally he set the plates down upon one of the many table, placing hers opposite his as he sat down to eat.
    KC

Post  KC Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:05 am

Colt contemplated a few notions but for the majority of the car trip he was silent, unbroken by any sort of response he would have given Ebony if it weren't for his utmost intrigue and sense of threat. It wasn't so much that she was the infamous vamp that ruled the roost in these parts but more so that she seemed to be in such control that she was comfortable. he hated it. There was no denying the fact that Aurora and Ebony definitely weren't playing nice innocently and he knew for a fact that Aurora never liked anyone who could walk around them with ease. perhaps it was simply natural instinct but it wouldn't waver his ability to observe Ebony.
    "getting the cages ready?" Aurora questioned Ebony as she watched her text in a fastidious manner. She sported a wide grin, though she hoped that she could learn to trust this vampire like Colt had trusted his idea of going along to the high tower. If her blood was spilt she would take it out on him. Speaking of, Colt had not said a word so she piped up at last, figuring he was simply avoiding anything to do with his background
    "Actually we are passing through, Colt and I want to see Haven and then when we are done its off to Europe for a holiday" she commented, outlining the very exterior of plans. noone would speak of running from, running to's and whatnot
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:56 am

She laughed at his joke about his fellow officers, or however he chose to address them and then suddenly stopped as if it was an alien concept. Tucking a stray piece of hair she looked deep in concentration as she tried to remember having ever done that before. Sure, she used humor in tense situations but it suddenly dawned on her that she had never genuinely laughed at anothers joke and it had shaken her.

She barely acknowledged his offer of the salad simply nodding her head until she saw a flash of metal coming towards, the snapped her out of whatever deep meaningful conversation she was having with herself. Her hand shot up and grabbed the keys when really they should of hit her and dropped to the ground. Regaining her composure she smiled at Crowe " Right, ice coming right up boss. " she teased a little, having someone to answer to was  a new concept to her.

Walking to the lock up, she couldn't get rid of the feeling that something wasn't right. This was all a bit to easy, just like that he had given her a set of keys. ' It's just to the freezers. ' she thought to herself, ignoring her instincts something she would otherwise never do. Entering the freezer and grabbing a tray of ice she could see where the a majority of the food was kept.

She didn't waste any time as she joined Crowe once again who had made her up some food. Needless to say salad was not her favorite food but at least there was some ham in it. She grabbed a nearby cloth and placed all of the ice cubes into the cloth and making a make shift ice pack. Sitting she handed it to Crowe. " Here and thanks I am starving. " she smiled genuinely. She had never had anyone cook for her before, well not that she could remember and she appreciated the sentiment. Grabbing a fork, wooden of course given the value of silver, she began her meal. She had hunched up her shoulders so that Crowe might not notice how small her own puncture marks had become compared to his, but then she could always claim that the bite wasn't as deep. As she ate she tried to be polite but it was the strangest thing she had ever eaten but she put that down to the way they lived maybe food grew differently here compared to the surface.

She managed about two mouthfuls before the burning began and pain shot across her abdominal. Clutching her stomach she thought she was going to be sick as her fist clenched. Her fork fell to the floor and she looked at the salad and the 'herbs'. " Silver powder? That's clever.. " she said smiling even now through the pain. The silver started to enter her bloodstream and suddenly her whole body felt like it was on fire. She fell from her chair and onto the floor as her body twisted and contorted trying to put out the imaginary flames. Her grunted and shouted, inhuman like as her body struggled against the contaminate. Her eyes were wide and the brown of her eyes had become red before she finally passed out on the floor. Her mouth slightly open two protruding fangs could be seen, although smaller then a vampires they were longer then a humans and if given a chance could do just the same amount of damage.

Ebony smirked at the idea of cages and even throwing the pair into one but  she laughed half heartily. " No, we uses to keep the humans in cages but only spread disease. The ones in high are more... free range. They last longer that way. " she smirked as she saw the vans passing the car and disappearing into the darkness.

She had expected them to say that they had come for the food. Nightmute City by far had the longest human life expectancy then anywhere else in the world and by far was the most peaceful for both kinds, mostly due to the fact that Ebony ruled with such diligence. But her eyebrow slowly raised at the mention of Haven. Haven, that place had been a thorn in her side for as long as she could remember and now she was so close to being rid of it, she couldn't take any chances. " Haven? " she asked them pretending not to believe they were serious. " Oh come now, we all know Haven is a fairytale the breeders tell the small ones you know like Heaven or Nirvana. If doesn't really exist and even if it did all it would be is probably an old bomb shelter with some fifty year old skeletons in it. Anyway, many vampires have gone out in search of it and never returned. The clearings can turn a vampire mad, I wouldn't want anything happening to my two new guests. You were lucky I found you before The Hunter as it were. " she said flicking at her nails. She never entertained the idea of Haven amongst other vampires, might give the humans hope and hope was a dangerous thing.
    Contego

Post  Contego Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Pushing the salad around with his fork Crowe sighed to himself, the whole time he had been preparing the food he couldn't shift the feeling that she shouldn't have been able to catch the keys, he tried to pass it off as fast reflexes but deep down he knew it was something else, he decided to stay quiet, the silver would either prove him to be right or wrong.
    For a woman of her seeming skill base he hoped that she was in fact on their side, but if the past had taught him anything it was never to trust a stranger.

"Thank you" taking the ice he rose it to his neck, he hadn't looked up at he yet, he closed his eyes briefly, she had been right the feeling was an instant relief, he held back a sigh as he reopened his eyes spooning a mouthful of salad into his mouth, he chewed slowly his attention slowly growing upon her as she began to eat.

His expression hardened as she reacted, his form tensing and ready to act out, though he found himself still sitting there watching her in her pain, he didn't try to help her or call for anyone, in those few minutes he chose to sit there in his own inner despair while he watched her writhe, he had almost...almost wished he could trust her, like maybe they could work together but now he knew.

Eventually he had to move, she had screamed he could hear footsteps coming down the hallway, he could hear Maxwell shouting orders and of course his friend and most trusted soldier burst through into the room first.

-
    "Crowe!... Shit Crowe" Maxwell hissed looking over his friend quickly before the others arrived behind him, his attitude changed around others, instantly he became compliant and dismissive as he walked towards the fallen creature with his gun drawn and aimed upon her.
    "Orders sir?" he asked his tone changed to one of measured indifference.

-
    He shot Maxwell a look that warned him not to push him to much, he had a long day he wasn't in the mood, but he nodded quickly confirming to him that he was in fact all right. Friendships had no place here, he and Maxwell were a rarity, having a friend made you weak, not only vampires worked against them, as always humans craved power, a number of them would seek to over throw Crowe, some had in tha past.
    "Take her to one of the cells please Maxwell"
    He looked to the rest of the soldiers behind "None of you are to harm her in any way, You will be punished if you do. Now please help Maxwell..... And Maxwell, come to my rooms for a debriefing when you're done"
    -

"Yes sir" he nodded looking at him with a question to his gaze, yet he did as asked turning his attention to the others.
    "Come on then lets move her"

He followed the group dragging the woman, he made sure no one hurt her but he didn't complain about the way they lugged her around. He waited while they confined her "That's it lads, nice and tight, use the silver binds"
    He stood for a few minutes watching the beast "Blood sucker... just what we need" he muttered slamming the door which automatically locked.
    KC

Post  KC Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:59 am

“sounds like you really have a heart there” Colt murmured hearing Ebony speak about the conditions of a bunch of meat packs though he knew the context she had meant, regarding them as potential carriers of things that could one day do more harm to Vampires then good. He wouldn’t stop his criticisms however; He never stayed silent on it. He wanted to dig into her character, see her true demeanor under the fanciful parade she put on. He continued to watch her as they spoke of Haven, the corners of his lips twitching with his characteristic smile. He leaned forward a touch as he spoke to her whereas Aurora simply continued to look out the windows at where they were headed and what they had passed, seeming to lose interest in the banter.
    “Don’t expect that I’ll buy bullshit about a harmonious environment for vampires that has no existence of a rat uprising Ebony, I’d like to trust that you know I have a little more knowledge then that” he mentioned, a venomous like warning in his tone. He sat back once he had made his point clear to her, his mood swiftly changing as he chuckled,
    “We are all mad aren’t we? Shit look at us nowadays, so paranoid over hunters and disease ridden meat packs”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 am

As she lay unconscious on the cold floor the elongated fangs could be seen just peeking over her bottom lips. But they slowly retracted as she stirred the silver effects wearing off.

Her eyes were once again the deep brown that they had been when she arrived and as far as anyone could tell she looked human. She rolled a little getting onto her side as her wrists were irritated by the silver bonds but by no means as effective on her as they would of been on a full blooded vampire. The only thing that was really hindering her was the fact that they were on tight and behind her back but given time she could slip out of them.

Her throat still had a burning sensation and she felt nauseous which was a first for her. She forced herself to think logically for a moment. " If you try to leave now, it would of been for nothing. " she spoke to herself in a hushed tone and so she lay back down to stare at the ceiling. She didn't have the strength to escape this place yet, not with that silver tunnel and the tech they were packing. The best thing to do now was rest, allow her body to rid itself of effects of the silver powder and gather her strength.

She smirked at the mention of a heart. " Of course I have one, technically. But it's not about caring it's more about greed. We are eternally hungry but humans have an expiration date, I just try and keep them around for as long as possible. " she muttered swatting his criticisms away. She had not an inch of doubt that her way was the best way. There was utter obedience in the city, even the strays behaved themselves but to her disliking he was right. Every city had it's rats and Haven was hers.

Smiling at Colt he suddenly became much more interesting then just a simple trouble maker. " Hmm so you are in search of the rats nest? Seems like we have a lot to talk about. " she said sinking into her chair and going quiet as her ever calculating mind went into overdrive. They're arrival could prove most beneficial if she could get him around to her way of thinking.

She smiled as he chuckled and referred to the human as meat packs and bit her tongue as they approached High Tower. " Welcome to High Tower. " she smiled as the car came to a halt and the driver opened the door. " Park the car and then join us upstairs Sebastian. " she said to her ever faithful driver and she left the vehicle and headed towards the main entrance of the building, it's height looming over the city and them
    Contego

Post  Contego Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:18 pm

“I dunno Crowe, are you sure I think it's a bad idea. I think she blind sighted you some how” Maxwell interputed his friend and the leader of Haven, he would never question him if they were in company but alone was another case, he knew Crowe had asked him here for honest but he also knew now that before he had even answered him that Crowe had made up his mind.
    “if you keep her here, you are leaving yourself open Crowe but I will follow you, I will do what ever you think is best” he had leaned back against the wall watching the leader who sat upon his bed looking ill and irritated, it wasn't the usual.

-
    “Maxwell I know all to well” he shook his head pushing himself up from where he sat, “I intend to find out her intentions and I will go from there” he was annoyed, he was angry, he knew he was and so did Maxwell. He didn't mean to aim it at his friend or speak to him like some sort of grunt but he couldn't help it.
    “Keep everyone away from her cell from now on. I will deal with her. And the ones of you that know what she is, you will keep it to yourselves”
    He walked past his friend now and left him standing looking some what rejected.

Before long he found himself locked inside the cell, his arms folded as he looked upon her with nothing but anger in his gaze.
    “Why are you here, I will ask you once” he looked from her to the gun not needed to spell out that should she not have what he considered to be a good enough reason he would kill her.
    KC

Post  KC Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:53 am

She oozed a type of confidence that Colt could admire in another creature such himself though he understood that this kind of demeanour often lead to trouble, he knew because he delighted in it. Though how much would he appreciate since he wasn’t in control? He sat and thought on it briefly once she had made an equal observation of his intentions surrounding their arrival to Nightmute city. When the car pulled to a stop Colt didn’t waste time in exiting the limo, Aurora following at a slower looking dawdle as she took in much more considerable detail, the architecture, structural and artistry, though her appreciation was laid elsewhere. She looked at the building grounds, the surrounding area and noted the driver before eventually catching up to Colt who had maintained pace just a couple of feet behind Ebony.

His steps weren’t heavy as they had been; they had changed in tone and drastically. More subtle as though he glided across the pavement towards the door. It was predatory in instinct, unfavourable grounds and an air of expectancy that had him surprisingly alert despite his calm demeanor. Despite his own concern, Aurora slipped her arm around his own as he slowed at the door, giving him a small smile
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:54 pm

She had heard him long before she seen him coming and had managed to prop herself up against the wall so she was at least sitting up. The fact that he had come alone told her a lot and he had apparently only come armed with a gun. Alex smiled as he entered and got straight to the point. Sighing and shaking her head she thought she had been through all of this already. " You must be damn confused. " she chuckled to herself remembering her own confusion at one point. It took her some time to figure who and what she was.

Shuffling, apparently to sit up right, she had loosened her bindings enough that she could easily slip her hands out of it now but she didn't let on initially. " You want to be stuck in this hole in the ground your whole life Crowe. You want out of here as much as everyone else does and I have got the fire power and know how to do that. " Her gaze darkened as the most vulgar person she could think of came to mind. " You want to know what I am doing here Crowe? I wanna knock that Ebony off her High Tower. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping into High Tower her heels echoed against the marble floors. For the entry way to the reputable High Tower it was unremarkable, a simple marble box with a grand chandelier hanging from the ceiling. A pair of double doors were opened for her and revealed an even smaller marble box.

Stepping inside Colt and his little clingy friend were clearly admiring the building but they were taking their time about it. Standing now to face towards them she stood in the small box waiting. The humans holding the doors open for her stood patiently and silently waiting for any orders. " Darius, Sophie. These are our guests for this evening, we are going to have a little party. Why not get some of your friends and then come and join us. "  she said twirling the hair of the blonde girl. " I will get the doors, you two go. " If she were honest she didn't want to have blood stains on the marble and she didn't know how stable these two were. She couldn't trust them not to jump on the first piece of meat they saw. " Come, lets get this party started. " she smiled at the pair.

Contego

Post  Contego Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:50 pm

She was laughing, he wasn't. The sound didn't lessen the tension within the room it only increased it, it pissed him off more with the feeling that she was mocking him in some sort of way, a muscle to the side of his jaw ticked and pulsed in irritation as he waited for her to finish.
    "Confused? No that wouldn't cover it. Try fucking furious, a little humiliated and feeling some what murderous, I think that would cover it" he replied icily, his hand never leaving his weapon.

He listened to what she thought would explain her coming to him. "You see that is a fair reason for you to be here. But it is in no way proof enough for me to accept you here, let alone my men" he moved his back against the wall, he could see she planned to escape her binds. He did nothing.
    "How do you expect me to simply shrug what you are off and let you out?"

KC

Post  KC Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:36 pm

"relax" Aurora murmured as colt shook her from him, preferring space in an increasingly odd place. She didnt take offence and instead headed off infront of him with alot more enthusiasm.
    "nice digs' she complimented Ebony, glancing at the two humans who seemed quite happy to follow orders. She gave a small smile wondering how long those types lasted, since they were named and all. Colt on the other hand kept at his pace, eyeing ebony more so then anyone else around them. He wanted her in his sights and while he couldnt have his way he passed her with a look that was neither nasty or nice, just...colt
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Part of her could only imagine the position he was currently in having brought her into Haven personally but he'd get over it. It was male egotism at its worst. She looked him up and down unafraid of his gun although parts of her wondered if given her state she could move before the bullet hit her but she would avoid that if possible. She slipped her hands from the chains and they made a large metallic sound on the concrete. She wasn't trying to be sneaky about it.

Bring her hands forward and rubbing her wrists, there were some clear signs of irritation from the silver but nothing compared to what would of been expected had it been placed against a true vampires skin. As she stood up the words 'what are you' struck a nerve. She glared at him and folded her arms. " What I am? It took me nearly half a decade to figure out what I am Crowe and then another half a decade to accept it and yet you have it all figured. So please... enlighten me with your worldly wisdom. What am I Crowe? "

As they entered the elevator Ebony smiled at the girls compliment. " Thanks, this is a tad dated for my taste but if you like this wait to see the top floor. " she smirked as she took a key from around her neck. There a metal door underneath the numbered buttons. Sliding the door to the side it revealed a keyhole. Placing the key into the lock the elevator came to life as it began to ascend the building. The elevator moved surprising quick as it only took them half a minute to reach the top of the building.

As the door of the elevator opened once again it was like they had traveled through time. Coming from the dated decor of the entrance to the ultra modern and sleek abode that Ebony had claimed as her own. Most of the decor was white and black with accents of gold. The furniture was oddly shaped and the room was filled full of soft furnishings and it ws probably the most impeccably tidy and clean place in all of Nightmute City. The driver Sebastian had greeted them at the door as she removed her jacket reveling a pencil skirt type dress with a large triangler slit in the bodice. It was as modern and edgy as the room they were in. " Thank you Sebastian. " as she handed the jacket to him and he proceeded through a door to place it in her wardrobe.

" Please make yourselves at home, refreshments will be here momentarily. " she smiled as she sat into a lounger and made herself comfortable. Sebastian joined her thereafter like an obedient pet followed after its master.
    Contego

Post  Contego Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:54 pm

"I don't know what you are. You are not human that much is enough. Your skin doesn't like silver, you have fangs, why don't you tell me what you are?" he responded not changing his position as she freed herself, he didn't fear her attacking him even killing him. For letting her in he figured he would deserve some sort of attack.
    "If you think your sob story will soften me in the slightest or turn me soft i'm sorry but your sniffing up the wrong tree"
    He stood up straight and walked across to her. "So I suggest that if you wish to stay here you give me a proper reason to let you"
    KC

Post  KC Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:09 pm

"wow...thats a hell of a change" Aurora murmured as she proceeded confidently from the elevator door, almost skipping with glee since they had seemed to upgrade in hangout environments. she didnt have a problem making herself comfortable, wandering throughout the floor whilst Colt slowly emerged from the elevator doorway and stared over at Sebastian as he took Ebony's coat. He wondered how long he had been under her protection and just how devoted he was. Colt finally diverted his gaze, striding over to one of the chairs and taking a seat, choosing to not part with his jacket as he sat, the leather creaking ever so slightly. He still had questions but wouldnt raise them, not yet anyhow.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:21 pm

" Sob story? " she smirked surprised he saw it that way. " Not a sob story just my story Crowe. I have hear of yours you know, what happened with your family, becoming the leader here. Now there's a real sob story. " she spoke her tone wasn't mockery but just a simple matter of fact. " Now you and your people are forced to live here underground while Ebony is up living the high life up top. Now, that may not bother you but it bothers me. " she sighed, her energy reserves were low and she hadn't eaten or slept properly in days and her patience was running low.

Moving towards Crowe she wasn't exactly sure how to explain herself to him. She had never tried to tell everyone about what she was. Most of the people in the city were just happy to have someone on their side and didn't ask many questions. " You're right I'm not human, not entirely. " it was the first time she had said it out loud and it seemed bizarre even to her. " Don't ask me how or why or even when because I don't know. I woke up one day on the street like this, and that's all I know. I ain't all human but I ain't all vamp either, keep that in mind before you go putting some bullets in me. "

Looking out past the cage she imagined the generations of people that were forced to live here. " You want a reason for me to be here. How about all those people that were taken. That are now trapped in the city, left on the street as garbage used as toys. You have no clue what it's like for them out there. I do and I want to bring them home Crowe and I think you do too and you need me to do that. " her voice was almost emotional as she spoke of them but not quite. " Now I am sick of being in this cell Crowe so you can one of two things. You can either let me out and I will go back to the city, killing vampires and protecting them single handedly and telling them that their precious Crowe ain't gonna come and lead them to Haven or you can let me help you. " she glanced down at his gun that he had a hold of and her expression immediately changed to that of her usual sarcastic self. " Then I suppose you could always shoot me and see what that accomplishes. "

She smiled at the girl playing nice and being the perfect hostess. " Indeed, this is my own personal space so I get to decorate it as I wish. I am glad you like it. " then there was a firm and single knock on the door. " Ah finally. " she smiled. Although the girl seemed completely as ease now within her company, Colt was weary and had she been in his position she would of behaved the same. He was smart.

" Come in. " she called out as two double doors from the bottom of the room and a dozen humans walked in. Six males and six females of all different shapes and sizes lined up before them. None showed any real expression or emotion they just stood there, patiently obediently, waiting for something.

When all the humans were in row Ebony raised her hand and ran along the line. " Please feel free to one or two. They are all different blood types so feel free to mix and match. " she offered before turning her attention to Sebastian who almost instinctively pulled up the sleeve of the shirt and brought his arm to her. She smiled at Sebastian ignoring her guests now, leaving them to pick their meals. Her almost pearlised fangs wasted no time in sinking into his sallow skin savoring his offering to her.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:45 am