Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Kinsley MacNamara
Tales of Rockford - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:01 am by KC

» Keenan ford off iwaku
Tales of Rockford - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:00 am by KC

» Kaitlyn Byrne & Family - Family Ties
Tales of Rockford - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:27 pm by Cashan

» Meribeth Brodie - Uniting the Nation
Tales of Rockford - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 pm by Cashan

» The Mulligan's - Ashthorne
Tales of Rockford - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:21 pm by Cashan

» The Harrison's - Ashthorne
Tales of Rockford - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 4:03 pm by Cashan

» Ross McAlister
Tales of Rockford - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 3:00 pm by KC

» Cillian Cavanaugh
Tales of Rockford - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm by KC

» Tales of Rockford
Tales of Rockford - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 am by KC

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 am

Affiliates

free forum

photo risenbutton_zpsd68a70fd.jpg free forum

2 posters

Tales of Rockford

Cashan
    Cashan

Tales of Rockford - Page 4 Empty Re: Tales of Rockford

Post  Cashan Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:42 pm

It didn't take Gwyn long to clean the blood with her little mix of water and salt. Thankfully it left hardly any trace at all much to her relief. She didn't want to have to tell Willow that her floor's needed replacing two weeks after they moved in.

Once she had tossed the bloody water out back she had a look around Tate's kitchen. It was shocking to her really. The place was filled with processed foods, microwave meals, junk food. She wondered when Willow or Tate had a decent home made meal. She sighed and then concentrated deeply. Her magic and body was weakened after healing Tate so something as simply as conjuring some food was harder then she expected. She felt a nose bleed begin again and she stopped. She would just have to make do with what was there she supposed.

By the time Willow had joined her she had already began making some omelettes. There was no shortage of protein in the fridge so Gwyn thought she could use a few of the dozen's of eggs and make Willow something decent to eat. " Hey. " she said as Willow entered looking fresher and the shock seemed to have wore off. She left the omelette on the pan for a moment and turned to the kettle. " I am making some tea, you want some? " she asked smiling. She was relieved the tension was gone between them. " I also made you something to eat. I hope you like omelettes. " she said buzzing around the kitchen having made herself completely at home.
    KC

Post  KC Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:07 pm

“hey” Willow returned to Grace as she pulled out a stool on the other side of the kitchen counter and took a seat. She was glad to see the blood had been cleaned away, unsure if she could have looked at it much more without vomiting. She had checked briefly on Tate who seemed to be still out of it and healing slowly which was good considering. It was weird having someone cooking dinner in the kitchen other then Tate or herself, and a woman who hadn’t actually slept with Tate the night before either. The offer of tea made her smile “sure if you wouldn’t mind” Willow replied watching Gwyn work her way around the kitchen.
    “so...a witch hey, do you like curse people and stuff? Coz you know Candy is always hanging around” Willow suggested as she looked at the omelette, her eyes near bulging. “oh my god yum, but don’t forget cheese on top” she added, a habit she had since living with Tate... everything was awesome covered in cheese
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Gwyn flipped the omelet in the pan and smiled as Willow suggested that she should curse Candy. She chuckled at the thought. She could make her hair fall out or make pox come out over her skin, easily. Hexing 101. But that would never happen.

Gwyn walked over to the fridge to grab some cheese and then she went back to the pan. " No, we don't curse people despite the stereotype. " she chuckled as she thought of withes on broomsticks with pointy noses and warts. " We are Wiccan Witches, we do no harm, at least not intentionally or not in self defense. " she said glad to see Willow was less afraid of her and was curious. At least she could put her mind at ease.

She grated a lot of cheese onto the omelet before finally dishing it up on a plate. She served the dish in front of Willow with some cutlery and sat with her to explain further. " We aren't bad witches Willow, we just have a bad history with wolves. But you and Tate are safe I promise. " she said with a weary smile. She was tired, and now that she sat she felt it more. She felt like she could of slept a week if her head hit a pillow in that moment.

" I will stay till Tate wakes up. " she said not wanting to go just yet despite how exhausted she felt. " He's healing quickly but I don't imagine he will want me around once he wakes up. " Gwyn said not able to help the frown that crossed her face. She was disappointed. She had been playing this flirty game with Tate since they met and now it was over before either of them got what they wanted.
    KC

Post  KC Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:26 am

“damn” willow commented as she picked at her nails and Gwyn spoke about not cursing other people, she could make short work of her cousin’s female visitors. When Gwyn put the plate infront of her Willow wasted no time in carving the omelette into pieces with her fork, shoving a mouthful in and almost groaning with appreciation. Hot omelette was always nice.
    “mmmmissish…mmnice” she mumbled as she shoveled pieces of omelette in, quite happy to fill up on food. It didn’t stop her from listening however and when she mentioned staying until Tate woke she paused, swallowing her food and nodding.
    “oh um…yeah k…” she commented, not really wanting Gwyn to leave. It was silly really, willow was so used to being on her own though it wasn’t everyday that Tate had turned up shredded to pieces. Willow wrestled internally telling herself that Gwyn would simply be next door, though that was overshadowed by the thought of Mrs Williams scaring the crap out of her.

“Why? He wouldn’t hate you” Willow replied, shoveling in more omelette between their shared sentences.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Gwyn chuckled as she watched Willow wolf down her food. She smiled as she was glad she hadn't said that out loud. She didn't want to insult Willow after everything. She started too feel the trust that was there was starting to come back.

The kettle boiled and Gwyn found two relatively clean looking cups and took out a bag of tea leaves from her pocket. She always made her own and carried some with her as she didn't trust the shop brought stuff, filled with chemicals.

" I hope you like black apple tea. " Gwyn said as the aroma of cloves, cinnamon and sweet apple wafted from her direction. " She brought the mug over having let it stewed and she managed to strain as much as she could from the water. They didn't have a real tea strainer so there were still some tiny pieces of dried apple left in it but Gwyn liked it that way.

" It's my fault he is in that state Willow. The wolves were after me not Tate. He shouldn't of been there. " she said feeling guilty for the part she felt she played in Tate getting hurt. She sipped her tea and smile to herself. " This was my favorite tea growing up, I think it still is. " she smiled hoping Willow liked it and she wouldn't push the matter to far.
    KC

Post  KC Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:55 am

Willow hadn’t let anything hit the sides as she ate, though she paused when Gwyn put the tea infront of her. There was such a contrast to the savoury omelette and tea smells, though there was no way in hell she was complaining, this was five star catering in Willows opinion. The change in subjects warranted a small sheepish smile from her figuring that there was little way to sway Gwyn’s guilty opinion.
    “well I can tell you now Tate will want to ring a few people in regards to why we had people in our territory so I hardly think he will be angry with you, maybe your mum though…I don’t know if he knew about you guys being witches n all”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Gwyn smiled and was relieved to hear that Willow didn't think Tate would hold a grudge. But she knew that Tate had no idea about her family. He still fought for her even thought the wolves had outed her as a witch but she didn't know how he would feel once he woke up.

" He kind of found out in the woods about me but I don't know if he has realized that it's genetic. " she chuckled and looked into the living room. " You drink your tea and finish your food. I am going to check on Tate ok. " she said thinking that he should be coming around soon.

She left the kitchen and went into the living room where Tate was still on the ground. She didn't want to move him until he was awake. She knelled down beside him and took the potion she had made. She lifted Tate's head and and tried to find him some more since he hadn't woken yet. " Come one Tate, I need to wake up, Willow needs you to wake up. " she whispered hoping that her spell had worked and he would come round soon, for Willows sake.
    KC

Post  KC Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:26 pm

It took another hour before Tate awoke, searing pain where he was deeply wounded but thankfully alive. It took him a moment to gain his focus, to realise that he had made it into the house though when he moved his hands over his torso he felt where he had healed. The immediate realisation that he was battered but okay was the same time he searched for Willow. Slowly sitting up as he cringed, Tate took his time to stammer to his feet, using the wall as a support as he walked slowly out of the lounge room. He hadn’t bothered to cover up, not accustomed as being a shifter to being ashamed of nakedness and not aware of company, only the concern that Willow needed to be sighted and he needed to know she was safe.

Willow had sat in the kitchen with gwyn, talking until she heard movement and she wriggled in her seat. “i think hes awake” she murmured, soon spotting him in the hallway
    “jesus Tate don’t walk around” she growled at him, looking at him more so with relief.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Gwyn had stayed with Willow in the house and refused to leave until Tate woke up. She had made Willow some food and tea and then cleaned the kitchen almost obsessively out of nervousness and the fact that it looked like it hadn't had a deep clean in years.

Once that was done she sat with Willow and they both waited anxiously for Tate to wake up. She had almost begun to doze off in her seat as the spell had her physically and mentally exhausted but she was soon stirred by Willow saying he was awake.

She rose from her chair and looked to Tate barely up and walking but he was up none the less. She moved quickly down the hallway to him in order to help him and take some of his weight. She would take his arm if he let her and would lead him to the first place where he could lay down. " You gave us all a scare you know. " she said smiling although she knew he was in pain. She was just so happy to see he was ok.

---------

Grace had been in her room for over an hour and Gwyneth hadn't returned the house. She looked out her window over at Willow's house to see if she could see anything but everything seemed peaceful. That was even more worrying.

She looked at her phone that when she and Willow were talking would be buzzing none stop. She had to admit she missed her company, she missed having a friend but she was a wolf and wolves brought nothing but trouble. Grace tried to remind herself of this fact as she reached for her phone and the picture that greeted her was a selfie of herself and Willow in school.

She nervously bite on her bottom lip as she stared at the phone. She tapped away giving into temptation to text her friend.

" Is your brother ok? "

It was a short simple message as Grace didn't know what to say. They may have been wolves but Grace didn't like the idea of anything happening to Willow's cousin. It would mean Willow would be alone and she didn't think she deserved that. She had been a good friend since she knew her and Grace was finding it difficult to cut all ties.
    KC

Post  KC Sat May 09, 2015 2:26 pm

With the presence of Gwyn Tate’s brows had furrowed though only in the thought that where Gwyn was surely her mother would be near. Despite his previous state he had done well to remember exactly how he had left the forest and where one witch was, there would no doubt be more. He didn’t exactly like the idea of being near witches given the obvious suggestive threat from Rosa Williams but even so, Willow seemed to have been protected by Gwyn. He watched as she neared him noticing how much everything seemed to be shining with pristine cleanliness. He let her help him as she helped him to a spare couch back in the living room and Willow followed, snatching up a blanket and making a point to cover her cousin with it. Tate eased down onto the couch as he listened to Gwyn speak and smiled in response

“I didn’t exactly mean to get into a scrap today” he joked
    “You almost died, Gwyn managed to save your fat ass” Willow growled softly as he glanced at her and his features softened. “Sorry cuz” he replied to her though he looked back to Gwyn almost instantly.

“You should probably go before I have a run in with your mother, I’m guessing she is the matriarch of your coven?” he asked her specifically. Willow gawked as she listened to him speak to Gwyn so pointedly, quietly hoping it wasn’t meant to be so harsh. He hadn’t meant it to sound so and added “thankyou” there was little doubt by the way he was feeling that he had definitely dodged a bullet.
    Willows phone rattled in her pocket and after a brief moment of watching Tate and Gwyn she walked out into the hall, pausing to sit at the bottom of the staircase. Sliding the unlock button on her phone screen she read the message from Grace with hesitance, feeling like her stomach had landed in her mouth. She wasn’t sure what to expect and for a moment she remembered what Grace had said before she had left the William’s house. Biting her lip she tapped out her message and hit send

“he will be okay, gwyn saved him. Did your mum come back okay?”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Mon May 11, 2015 5:49 pm

With Tate now safely awake and on the couch Gwyn took a step back and allowed his cousin to tend to him. Willow mentioned that Gwyn had saved him but she was modest, she did not see as her doing him a favour but her fixing a mess she had gotten him in. She made no comment as the pair seemed to have a moment but she couldn't help but lock eyes with him for a moment.

She couldn't help but feel a flutter in her stomach. She was still attracted to him even if he was a wolf even if he probably hated her now, that initial attraction hadn't been altered. But by his next statement it was clear his had. Normally she would of told him where to shove it but she was so taken back by his statement and lack of gratitude that she was inclined to leave. She was above kicking a dog while he was down.

She hard turn to leave when he managed to cough up a thank you. She sighed and folded her arms and looked back at him with a nod. She waited for Willow to step out before talking to him again. " I was just repaying the favour. " she said acting as though it were no big deal. " Plus, if anything happened to you where would that leave Willow? she said glancing out into the hallway to make sure she was ok.

" I'll go if you want me to Tate but I am not going to leave because my Mother has some backwards views. " she said rather adamantly. " But at least call someone to come over and help. It's not fair to place the burden of looking after you on Willow. " she added worried about Willow. If Tate took a turn for the worst it seemed unfair to leave her here alone.

----------------

Grace waited anxiously as she stared at her phone waiting for Willow to reply. Maybe she wouldn't reply. Grace figured she deserved it. But Willow was a wolf and so was Tate. For all she knew they had Gwyn captive in their house. But Grace had never had a friend like Willow before. She seemed to get her. But it conflicted with everything her Mother had taught about their kind.

Willow replied and said that Gwyn had helped Tate. She bit on her lip wondering why Gwyn had helped him. She must of really liked him. Gwyn wasn't foolish so if she trusted them maybe she could to.

" Yeah she is ok. Glad your cousin is ok too. Are you ok? " she quickly typed out and then replied again glancing out her window over at Willow's house. She wondered if she should go over there but she thought it best not to. She didn't have the guts to stand up to her mother like Gwyn did.
    KC

Post  KC Tue May 12, 2015 8:28 am

The sound of a return message only made Willow more nervous though when she opened it and read the reply there was a greater sense of relief. There was no accusatory tone, no insults, simply asking if she was okay. Willow felt herself relax and tapped the reply button

“I'm alright, just didn’t quite expect that I guess. Please don’t hate me...” she wrote back and sent, hefting a small sigh as she listened in on the conversation between her cousin and Gwyn in the other room.
    __
    It was obvious Gwyn didn’t appreciate his tone and Tate felt a slight tinge of guilt to see her turn though in the same sense he figured it was better to be guarded than open to injury and threat. The response about her mother prompted a small grin from him before she made the comment regarding Willow. He had never quite thought about that kind of situation before and he made note to think on it again later.

“I don’t mind, i just don’t need an angry mother taking out my door” he joked in honesty. He propped himself up using a pillow and sighed. “so not even a date and you got me naked” he quipped
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Tue May 12, 2015 3:59 pm

As Gwyn waited for a response from him she couldn't help but notice that grin as she spoke about her mother. She supposed it sounded rather rebellious given the respect she truly had for her mother. But she was her mother's daughter, she stood up for what she thought was right even if her mother disagreed. Her mother would of done the same thing and made a mental note to remind her of that fact later when there would no doubt be an argument about respecting your elders and following the rules of the Coven.

She returned the grin when he mentioned her mother possibly blowing in the door. If her mother wanted to cause him harm she would use far sutler ways then explosions but Gwyn thought it best not to point that out. Her grin became an all out smile and she chuckled as she secretly wished she had gotten him naked under better circumstances. She saw readjusting pillows and she walked over and grabbed another fluffing it up and then reaching behind him to try and make him more comfortable and tease him by getting so close to him.

" Well if it makes you feel any better you can consider the match you invited me to a date. " she chuckled and then leaned back thinking he looked more comfortable. " I'll even make you dinner if it makes you feel more lady like. " she teased although her offer to cook was genuine but she wouldn't let him off so easy for his remarks earlier.

------------

Grace lay flat on her bed staring at the ceiling trying to decide what to do about Willow. She couldn't avoid her, she would have to face her in school and they were neighbors. Her phone vibrated and she looked at the screen to see Willow asking her not to hate her. She sighed not knowing how she felt. She was so confused.

" Willow, I don't hate you. It's just weird. I never told anyone this but my Dad and Grandmother were killed by wolves. They would of killed my Mum and Gwyn too if they had been in the house. I wasn't even born yet. I never actually met a wolf before they were just the things that killed my Dad. But I don't think you are like that Willow I'm just I don't know confused. "

Grace wiped a tear from the corner of her eye as she typed out the long winded message. She never had the opportunity to meet her father, she never knew her mother any other way then she was. It was something she always envied in Gwyn. She knew their father and mother before everything changed. Grace didn't think that Willow could forgive her but she hoped by telling Willow the truth it would explain her and her mothers actions towards them.
    KC

Post  KC Fri May 22, 2015 11:24 am

accepting her help Tate managed to get more comfortable sitting upright, taking a moment or two to look himself over with a small sigh. Hector would rip him a new one once he found out about the scrap though he wasn't too worried himself. he couldn't help but laugh at the joke about feeling more lady like and he shook his head.
    "you've cleaned my house and you made food for Willow, any more and I'll ask you to do it again" he replied.

After a little silence his brow furrowed gently though he wasn't angry, simply curious
    "those wolves were way out of their territories and obviously there is something going on with your family, I take it that is why they were here?" he asked her adding "Look I only ask because there is an arrangement we, shifters have in regards to wolves and territories. It's like a town allocation system, we have assigned territories with specifications and other shifters can move through the area but need to respect the permitted owner. Those guys obviously didn't in any way." he explained.

------------

After nervously waiting for a few minutes Willow had ended up biting at her nails while she sat on the step, feeling sick at the idea of Tate flirting. Eventually her phone sung and she read the long message, feeling a little lost as what to do. She felt sorry for the experience Grace had been through with losing family but she struggled to understand why she had to cop it for being the same species but entirely different person. She was thankful at least that Grace didn't hate her and nibbled on her lower lip as she tapped at the screen.

"sucks bad, i don't blame you for being iffy. if it helps i hate being a shifter" she replied. it was short and sweet but it was honest.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Sun May 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Gwyn chuckled brushing a piece of her hair behind her ear. If Tate asked her she probably would do it again at least till he was on his feet again. He seemed to need a woman's touch around teh house anyway and Gwyn couldn't leave Willow to deal with this all on her own.

But the mood soon changed as Tate rightly asked questions about the wolves. She bit her lip unsure whether to tell him the truth or not but as she looked back at him and she saw his wounds she decided he had the right to know, to know why he risked his life.

" It's um complicated. " she said almost in a whisper and the usual confidence she showed faded into the background and she suddenly felt very vunerable. She was old enough to remember her father and her grandmother and remembered the night when they were murdered. " When I was a child my father and grandmother were killed by wolves. My Mother and me found them and she started this war with the wolves. " she let that news sink in but her emotions were beginning to show.

" I never meant for you to get hurt Tate or Willow and I promise I will charm the house to at least protect you when you are at home but please don't hold it against my mother. She's not a bad person.. none of us are. " she was obviousl holding back tears but she was to proud to actually let her tears fall. Instead she just took a deep breathe threw her head back and then as she met his eyes again, she was smiling. She had more strenght at times then even she knew and considering what Tate had just gone through, she would not allow herself to be weak when he needed all the strenght he could get even if she was exhausted.

-------------------------------

Grace waited anxiously trying to stay as quiet as possible in case her Mother called her to do something when all she wanted to do was hide away for now. Willow replied back very quickly and said she hated being a shifter. Grace could relate and quickly replied back.

" I hate being a witch. I just want to be normal. But I don't have a choice. I guess you don't either... " she said as the fact suddenly dawned on her. Willow could not choice to not be a shifter any more then she could choice to not be a witch. She suddenly felt very guilty for her behaviour earlier. " I'm sorry Wills, I was horrible earlier. " she sent a second message hoping her mother would never see these or she might just disown them both.
    KC

Post  KC Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:23 am

“That explains your mother then” Tate nodded as he listened to Gwyn explain her story. He had noticed how protective and strict her mother had been and though it gave Tate much satisfaction to piss the woman off for the sake of it, knowing she was a witch went along way to ensuring he didn’t end up cursed. Obviously the woman didn’t like anything to do wolves which made living right next door a slight issue.

Gwyn began to apologise and stick up for her mother which in some way Tate could respect. Though he wasn’t entirely sold on the whole ‘she’s a witch and a good person part. He had escaped that fight with a strong warning from her and he knew she meant that under any other circumstance he might have well given up then and there.

“Don’t go apologising it’s no sweat” he simply told Gwyn, which in Tate’s own way was about as soft as he could get. “You should go home and get some rest, otherwise I assume your mother will go nuts” He smiled gently. “Willow and I are all good.”
    -------------------------------

After listening to Tate play injured patient for long enough, Willow headed upstairs to her room and plopped into her beanbag, waiting for her phone to buzz. It didn’t take too long and Grace had already replied, mentioning her hate for being a witch. It turned out her new friend although on the other end of the spectrum in terms of supernatural species, had much more in common then she had first thought.

“Im sorry too, walk to school with me tomorrow?” she replied, glad that even though the events previous to now had been horrible, Grace was still a friend.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Gwyn was not one to talk about her father much or what happened to him. To those who did not know who she really was her father died in a car accident years ago. It was usually enough to satisfy those who were curious. But this was the first time she had spoken to anyone outside of the family about what had happened. Even within family it hadn't been spoken about in many years.

She liked that Tate didn't pry further or offer any sympathies. She hadn't told him the story for pity but to try and explain her Mother's loathing toward wolves, a sentiment she thankfully had not inherited. Tate said she should go home but Gwyn was still angry with her mother. However she couldn't avoid her forever.

" Well my mother's mood is not my main concern right now. " she said looking at the stairs as Willow disappeared. " But if you want some privacy I understand. " she said understanding he had been through an ordeal. " You do need your rest. " she said figuring she should go as much as she wanted to stay and look after them.

" Do you mind if I come over in the morning with some tonics? All natural I promise. " she smirked figuring she would need a couple herself. She had used a lot of magic to try and heal Tate and she had exhausted herself. " If you need anything, you know where I live. " she chuckled and then made her way toward the door. She would give him the peace he needed to recover.

--- The Next Morning ---

Grace hadn't slept much the night before. She had been kept awake by the sounds of her mother and older sister fighting most of the night. It had only stopped because Gwyn had taken her car and left leaving Grace to worry about her whereabouts.

She devoured her breakfast with very few words being exchanged between her and her mother. Rosa was nursing a brew on the hob and seemed engrossed in the task. Grace was to afraid to break the silence in case her mother's rage was directed at her in Gwyn's absence.

She reached for her bag and found a note attached instructing her to bring certain tonics over to Willow's house for Tate. She went to the pantry and grabbed what her sister told her too. Double checking it was the right ones knowing some of the more dangerous potions that were stored there.

" Bye. " she called out as she left for school a little earlier then normal and she dashed across the yard over to Willow's house. She knocked on the door rather sheepishly uncertain of how she would be received especially if it was Tate at the door.
    KC

Post  KC Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:12 am

Tate had agreed for Gwyn to return in the morning with her so called tonics though he had to admit to himself that he was not entirely confident that they wouldn’t be laced with something that could kill him from Rosa. Still she was doing everything to ensure she wasn’t like her mother and so Tate figured Rosa would be kept well away from Gwyn’s plans.

--- The Next Morning ---

Willow had gotten up a lot later then her usual time given how exhausted she had been from the night before. Tate had ended up sleeping on the couch and hadn't moved when Willow pounded down the stairs in a hurry to grab a slice of toast for breakfast before grabbing her bag and slinging it onto her shoulder. Her hearing was advanced enough in her ability to pick up the distinct sound of footsteps nearing the door and soon it was confirmed by the knock on the door. It didn't sound threatening and though slightly reluctant to open the door Willow pulled it ajar, sighing with relief when she caught sight of Grace.
    "thank god it's you" she smiled, opening the door wider as she took a bite of her toast.

the street seemed fairly quiet in the mornings, barely anyone seemed to move apart from a girl down the street and a few other residents heading out to work. In fact the town seemed to run at a much slower pace then she was used to and as she let the curtain fall back across the window, Clara turned back to continue cleaning the bloodied mess left behind from the previous night, the former home owner's body frozen stiff on the floor.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:59 am

Grace stood anxiously at the doorway holding the cloth that was wrapped around the tonics. She wasn't sure about the reception she would receive and the fact that she now knew who and what Willow and Tate were made her uneasy.

The door opened and Grace held her breathe nervously. Willow seemed happy to see her and Grace managed a smile. " Yeah just me. " she said shyly. " Gwyn asked me to bring these over for Tate. " Grace said holding out the cloth package.

The was widened presumably for her to enter but she could not help her hesitance. She had never been around wolves before and had only heard the horrible stories that her coven had told her growing up. But she wanted to trust Willow, she was her only real friend and she didn't want to lose her.

Bravely, she took a step inside the front door and looked around at Willow's home. It was clear that they hadn't quite settled yet but it was still nice. " Cosy. " she smiled glancing around noticing Tate on the couch and then panicking a little. She hoped she hadn't woken him and she didn't mean too but the saying let sleeping dogs lie popped into her head and she quickly pressed her lips together.

----------------

Gwyn was exhausted but she could hardly sleep. She had been tossing all night after her argument with her mother. She had never used so much of her magic before and the fact that she had used it without channeling her mother or the coven left her body aching today.

She stopped at the local coffee shop and decided she needed the biggest black coffee she could get. She stood in line and rubbed her head. She had taken a tonic that morning to try and naturally cure the headache she had but it hadn't taken effect yet. She wondered if this is what it felt like to be hungover.

She pulled out her phone while she waited in the queue and started to text Grace.

' Hey, did you drop those tonics off yet? Tell Tate to take the green one three times a day and the brown one when he wakes up and before he sleeps. "

Gwyn had written the instructions on the vials but she wanted to make sure Grace told them too. She didn't want Tate taking to much and having a reaction and then thinking she was trying to poison him. He had trust issues as it was.
    KC

Post  KC Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Grace had hesitated in the doorway however given the recent turn of events it didn’t surprise Willow, who had made sure to allow Grace sufficient space to feel comfortable about coming around to her house. Munching on the remainder of her toast she wiped her hands against her sides and took the tonics Grace had presented her with.

“oh thanks, he is still pretty out of it but I’ll leave it out for him,” Willow mumbled over her mouthful of toast as she wandered into the lounge and softly set the package of tonics down on the coffee table where Tate would see it. She glanced over at her cousin, Tate’s chest gently rising and falling in solid rhythm as he slept deeply, the colour having returned to his cheeks. She was glad that he had pulled a blanket over his bottom half, one less embarrassment to have to endure in one week.

Grace complimented the warmth of the house and Willow smiled as she walked back to the hallway and nodded.
    “beats the motel we used to live in, and I have my own room.” She replied as she adjusted the bag strap on her shoulder and took one more glance at her cousin before turning back to Grace. “We should get to work before it gets too late.”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 pm

To Grace's relief and surprise, Willow was acting as though nothing had changed. It was as if she didn't care that she was a witch. She didn't know quite what to make of it. She supposed she had expected a cold welcome, she wouldn't have blamed them if they had slammed the door in her face but instead she had welcomed in like a friend. She suddenly felt guilty. She had thought so little of Willow. Grace couldn't honestly say that were situations reversed she wouldn't have slammed the door in her face if only to appease her mother. She was being a terrible friend when Willow was being nothing but kind but she planned to change all that.

" I'm glad Tate's ok Willow. He's lucky, Gwyneth is a really good healer. He'll probably make a full recovery. " she offered a smile as she began to think what would have happened to Willow if Tate hadn't been so lucky. Grace didn't know a lot about her family life but she knew a thing or two about wolves and that they tended to stay in packs. Where was Tate's and Willows she wondered as she set the vials down on the table, making sure to leave the instructions facing forward so Tate could see them when he woke up. She knew Gwyneth would probably hex her if he got sicker and had undone all her hard work. She had seen the way Gwyneth looked when she arrived back the night before and it was clear the toll the magic had taken on her.

Grace adjusted the strap of her book bag and was surprised to hear that hse had lived in a motel. Grace had never even seen a motel outside of a television set. She couldn't imagine what it must have been like to live in one. As strict as her mother was it made her appriciate the luxuries her mother had provided for them that little bit more. " Yeah sure. " she said heading to the door and stepping out onto the porch waiting for Willow. She had so many questions she wanted to ask, she did wondered if now was a good time. Beginning to walk, she waited a moment, she wanted to make sure she was out of earshot of her house.

" Willow, tell me to mind my own business but you know, since you're a wolf and all, do you um ... have like a pack and stuff? " she asked hoping to learn a bit more about Willow's family situation and if she needed to worry about more wolves in the area. She had seen what had happened to Tate and the wolves had never been that close to the house since, she stopped that thought. She was only a baby when her father died and no memories of him but the fear of wolves coming back and taking what was left of her family was very real and in her mind justified. She had never met a wolf before but if anyone could change her mind about them it was Willow.
    KC

Post  KC Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 am

Having finished her toast and making sure she had her stuff ready to go, Willow rechecked on Tate on her way back out the door with Grace, nodding in agreement of her comment on how lucky he was.
    “no kidding.” Willow had replied as she turned in the doorway to bolt the door shut in case Tate was likely to sleep for a few more hours.
    “If you can thank Gwen for us again it would be great, no offence but your mum scares the shit out of me and I don’t want to go near your place after last night.” She told her with honesty. Willow wasn’t the kind of person to hide what she felt and frankly she had no other idea how to communicate the fact that there was no way in hell she was going to ever step foot in her friend’s home again considering the way her mother had confronted her.

She slung her bag off her shoulder and pulled her fluffy headphones around her neck as she walked alongside Grace listening to her ask her about their pack as she tried not to laugh at her curiosity. She still wasn’t sure what to make of Grace being a witch, though instead of being scared, she found it rather cool. She shrugged her shoulders as she sauntered along with Grace.

“nuh it’s okay, we don’t have a pack but your right, that usually is the whole idea. Some of us go it alone, Tate left years ago and I came to live with him a few years ago.” Willow told her though she skirted past any mention of her own family.

“we have territories and there is this kind of council of elders who oversee the kind of rules of the land. When we are at my place sometime and Tate’s not around, I’ll show you the papers for our patch, it’s a bit like when you buy a house block and you get the title.” She tried to explain though whether she had done so efficiently she didn’t know. “Those wolves weren’t local to the area and given what happened I think as soon as Tate has a chance he will report it to the council.” She added with a sigh as she paused in her step to face Grace.
    “I promise you we aren’t all like those people.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm