Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Kinsley MacNamara
Writer Interview #1  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:01 am by KC

» Keenan ford off iwaku
Writer Interview #1  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:00 am by KC

» Kaitlyn Byrne & Family - Family Ties
Writer Interview #1  EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:27 pm by Cashan

» Meribeth Brodie - Uniting the Nation
Writer Interview #1  EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 pm by Cashan

» The Mulligan's - Ashthorne
Writer Interview #1  EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:21 pm by Cashan

» The Harrison's - Ashthorne
Writer Interview #1  EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 4:03 pm by Cashan

» Ross McAlister
Writer Interview #1  EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 3:00 pm by KC

» Cillian Cavanaugh
Writer Interview #1  EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm by KC

» Tales of Rockford
Writer Interview #1  EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 am by KC

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 am

Affiliates

free forum

photo risenbutton_zpsd68a70fd.jpg free forum

Writer Interview #1

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Writer Interview #1  Empty Writer Interview #1

Post  Admin Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:43 am

After polling completed (2 votes!?) Admin completed counting and sat down with our first writer interviewee KC for a chat....heres what we asked......

Welcome KC, thanks for being dobbed in as our first interviewee
    Hey there! hahaha no bother

We've got alot of questions so im thinking the first one we could start with is - tell us a little about yourself

I already hate this question, i got asked this the other week in a job interview and told them i was boring...needless to say they havent called back hahaha. I'm a quarter of a century old, I have just recently moved house umm...I own a cat, two birds and a snake...I dunno I can never really think of a good answer for this one...

Thats okay. If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future?

This is more like it! The future, only because every time I watch TV shows that send people in to the past they fuck it up and I'm the kind of person who will press the button even though they told me not to...

If you could invite any 5 people(dead or alive) to dinner who would you choose?
    Jeff hardy because his imagination runs like mine
    The Dalai Llama so I may share his wisdom
    Vlad III Tepes because he fascinates me
    Leonardo Da Vinci to share wonderment and invention ideas
    Ned Kelly, not just because he is an Aussie icon but because I'd like to hear his stories from his own mouth.

If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?
    A shovel a spear and a flint because really, what would bear grylls do Very Happy
    -
    What is one book everyone should read?
    Utopia by Thomas Moore (1516)

If you were a supernatural being what you be?
    I'd be a demonic angel, i'd rock those fluffy wings Wink

If you could have any superpower what would you choose?
    Telekinesis

If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose?
    James Alcock, my ancestor who was convicted of stealing a sheep and sent to australia on the Chapman II.
    -
    Night owl, or early bird?
    Night owl for sure

One food you would never eat?
    Bugs, sure you apparently eat them by accident but really? ewww. Maybe if there was nothing left and they were thoroughly dead, de- legged and the hairy ones shaved..

Pet Peeves?
    Lying, when i say this i don't mean white lies, i mean idiots who lie for no apparent reason or just to cover their own arse in very silly ways, for example Q, "did you make this mistake?", A, "no" when clearly the person has (my ex). I actually respect someone who can white lie and even those who can effectively manipulate (without abandoning ones responsibility) but for specific reasons.

What was your favorite book when you were a child/teen?

Monsoon by Wilbur Smith

Is there a song you could list as the theme song for any of your characters?
    Hahahaha i love this question! okay let me think
    Thor McGregor - Suck it up by Hed Pe, though Raise Hell is probably to best describe when I've got him in party mode.
    Miguel - (this one is very easy) You're so vain by Carly Simon
    Hunter - Bad company by five finger death punch
    they are probably the main ones I can think of right now...

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
    In the middle of a rainforest, with gigantic trees and mossy rocks :Dhey Tarzan come at me bro!

What is your favorite Quote?
    “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” Buddha

Can you see yourself in any of your characters?
    Very much so. My very first pbp rp character was Angel who I tried to put alot of my moral and beliefs into, but most of my characters have small parts of me. I like to portray the darker sides of me in stories, its interesting when you can release a part of yourself that actually terrifies you and watch the character in these stories we all make. I think that's what is so interesting to me, i can look at them and think shit...i thought of that. on the other hand I definitely think I'm nuts now.
    What's the best advice anyone has ever given you?

Funnily enough it came from a psychologist. its simple...
    "how can you be angry at someone if they dont know? understand and acknowledge that they may not have the knowledge and then see if your still angry...

Hidden talent?
    I have this thing i call McGuyvering. if anyone has seen the show, I sometimes fix shit like him like a photocopier that wouldnt print because the toner guard would close properly. I fixed it with tape cardboard and a paperclip oooh! and once i made a beer shute from upstairs into the basement at my old house out of a coke bottle, empty dishwashing bottle and a piece of cardboard. This also makes a damn good party trick
    -
    Give us an insight into your favourite character. What does he/she do that is so special?
    I would have to say I don't have a specific favorite from my characters but I've realized I have this common habit of making character who is popular but constant trouble and its usually a male who puts up a false wall and suffers in silence or until they break. Funnily enough i do believe it's a reflection of myself and how I have grown up. minus the guy part obviously. I think thats purely because I prefer to roleplay a male character, there is alot more physically to it. Women and the manipulation ive had far too much off and it irritates the shit out of me
    -
    Which actor/actress would you like to see playing one of your characters and why
    Ooo apart from always thinking Jason Mamoa reflects hunter perfectly (when he was Roman in SG Atlantis, I think...maybe Ian Somerhalder for Colt Morgana. Seeing the way he can do evil sexy vampires gets my vote.
    -
    How much research do you do before posting?
    Actually a fair amount, though it depends on what i am writing. sometimes i can bluff it and it turns out okay but for stuff like my pirate story I tried to research for dialogue and ship names, all that nautical piratey stuff
    -
    Why do you write?
    Good question. I guess i write to calm down generally, write stories even if its not on the forum. I've had times where family members have died or i was being bullied and to get through the day I projected my own thoughts into these stories. Unfortunately I tend to stick to a lot of dramatic and chaotic/violent story plots because that's just how I diffuse my frustrations. I can't really do boring stereotypical shit these days though when i post i have learnt there is a typical character type i always adopt and certain elements always seem to be in play with my stories. If my brain gets too clogged i sometimes get overwhelmed and writers block ensues hahaha, but most of the time writing clears alot out
    -
    Where do the your ideas come from?
    Stuff thats happened to myself or mates, tv shows (usually old ones) and sometimes my minds so far away in thought ideas just seem to manifest themselves
    -
    How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
    I think my descriptions have become more detailed, i used to be one liners and now im writing paragraphs so thats good i spose.

What is the hardest thing about writing?
    Writers block, worst shit ever!
    -
    What is the easiest thing about writing?
    I reckon on forums especially daydreamers where I colab with other people it's how easily our ideas flow with eachother's. So really i'd say how easy it is to have stories stretch across varying nationalities
    -
    Do you ever get writer’s Block?
    Oh yes, and it shits me right off
    -
    Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?
    hmm...the only one i have is to sometimes take a step away and immerse yourself in your world for a while, eventually when your mind opens itself enough inspiration will come.
    -
    Do you read much and if so who are your favourite authors.
    I do and in the last few years ive turned into a trashy romance reader (dont judge) so Nora Roberts books are the go for me. has to have some suspense or i get bored. Im into western romance too, must want a cowboy boyfriend or something.

How do you relax?
    In odd ways really, sometimes its building something, sometimes its art, reading, writing or learning. my brain has to stay active
    -
    What advice would you give to your younger self?
    To learn that its okay to ask for help and that sometimes its better to protect yourself rather then everyone else around you or you'll end up more burnt.

One of our writers would like to know how you and your character Thor Mcgregor from 'Drag' feel about him being called a manwhore?
    Funnily enough that's nothing new. Personally as a writer I think its quite funny, its the right terminology I'm going for when I use him in drag you see his character is meant to be outlandish in that..field, because given his long ass history he isnt one of those commitment guys, he'd rather sleep with a few chicks and never see them again. think of it as his coping mechanism for not facing his own emotions. The thing about this character is that he was created like over a decade ago now so he is probably the most important character in terms of having so much of myself involved. alot of his issues are this sort of complex projection of my old issues and what i went through at the time.
    And so...what do you think Thor would think of it?
    hmm I think he would laugh, accept it but realistically inside he would constantly ask himself why he does it despite already knowing exactly why. its a struggle but the other characters would see him throw back a witty remark or insult and laugh it off.

Any new characters on the horizon?
    hahaha no not at this stage, im looking forward to adding a few old characters on here since a few older stories are being revamped.
    On that note, we've seen some stories from the old sites, are you excited about these?
    Hell yeah, what excites me most is broadening the field of people who write in them, having such close friends on here who all contribute amazing ideas is good fun and really adds depth to what we are writing, it makes things a lot more believable

Sounds awesome, well thankyou for being our guinea pig for today KC!
    Hahaha no probs Wink

Remember to pm questions to Admin for the Q/A bank should you wish to see a writer answer in their interview. voting for interview #2 will be opened soon. feel free to provide feedback but for now - happy posting!