Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Kinsley MacNamara
Tales of Rockford EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:01 am by KC

» Keenan ford off iwaku
Tales of Rockford EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:00 am by KC

» Kaitlyn Byrne & Family - Family Ties
Tales of Rockford EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:27 pm by Cashan

» Meribeth Brodie - Uniting the Nation
Tales of Rockford EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 pm by Cashan

» The Mulligan's - Ashthorne
Tales of Rockford EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:21 pm by Cashan

» The Harrison's - Ashthorne
Tales of Rockford EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 4:03 pm by Cashan

» Ross McAlister
Tales of Rockford EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 3:00 pm by KC

» Cillian Cavanaugh
Tales of Rockford EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm by KC

» Tales of Rockford
Tales of Rockford EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 am by KC

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 am

Affiliates

free forum

photo risenbutton_zpsd68a70fd.jpg free forum

2 posters

Tales of Rockford

KC

Tales of Rockford Empty Tales of Rockford

Post  KC Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Rockford was not the largest town, surround by large state forestry, nice and protected from logging and other human destruction. It was a perfect place for anyone who needed some cover and conveniently hosted one of the mot reputable training clubs in Tate Kingston's field of work.
    "one last left and your stuck with me till your legal age kid.
    "OI KID"
    Willows deep honey coloured eyes had been so focused on staring out of the window and ignoring the hollering from the woman stuck between herself and her cousin with the use of bright rainbow coloured fluffy headphones she hadn't heard Tate until he roughly prodded her shoulder. She mouthed 'ow' and shot him a look that was not quite as happy as he had expected. Reaching up and pulling the fluffy headphones off she narrowed her eyes at the woman in the middle, despising her short crop top and hip leveled jeans.

"What" Willow shouted over the hollaring and thumping that could be heard on the roof of the ute. Tate had rounded the corner onto their street and gave one long look at Willow before he nodded
    "You want to smile some? this is the place" he simply answered. He knew his little cousin hated his lifestyle but hell she had placed herself in it.

He had picked a double storey house which sat on one of the last streets of town, not too far to the centre but backed onto the forest for well...obvious secretive reasoning. He turned the ute into the large driveway, feeling a little more positive about the move when he looked at the double stretch garage. The ute was full of furniture on the back, which was also occupied by a group of guys who were busy banging and shouting on the cab ute, calling out "KINGSTON, bring us to your kingdom' and a few other expletive comments. Behind them two large movers vans pulled up and behind them an suv ran up the kerbline, across the grass and path and almost hit the letterbox, an unknown number of people packed in the car, soon untangling themselves and piling out of the car.

Willow had gotten out much slower then Tate and the others, she took her time to close the door and turn to look at the house. It was alot better then Tate's old motel room, she'd actually had a bed rather then a couch. She chewed the gum against her back teeth with a sigh, pulling her fluffy rainbow headphones up again and turning her music back on while dodging two of the guys carrying a couch up the drive and onto the front lawn.

Tate chuckled as someone passed a joke about settling down, reaching into the pocket of his jeans to fumble about for his keys.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Tales of Rockford Empty Re: Tales of Rockford

Post  Cashan Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:56 pm

" Grace, hurry up you're going to be late for school. Gwyn get out of the bathroom you have to drive your sister. " The authoritative tone rang through the house from the kitchen. Various pots boiled on the old range while scrambled eggs were served on plates with some fresh toast. But the corseted woman seemed more engrossed in what she was brewing in her little pots.

" Sorry Mom. " Grace sat on a stool at the breakfast bar and began tucking into her breakfast. " Potions again mother... " she complained spotting the familiar agonizing pots. " Yes Grace potions again. They are your weakest skill and until you are as proficient as your sister speaking of... " Gwyn entered the room and smirked at her mother sister and their constant battles. " Come on mom give her a break. Her incantations are way above mine. " she rubbed her sisters head and winked at her defending her as she would never defend herself.

Gwyn snatched a piece of toast off her plate and walked over to the hob to look in on the pots. " This one needs more bat guano. " she smirked at her mother and then walking over to the window. " Good Gwyn. You see Grace you just need to take an interest. " Rosa replied sorting through a large rack of dried herbs and she went to finish the potion. " Oh.. my ... god. " Gwyn muttered as she stared out the window and stared. " What? " Grace asked intrigued and walked over to join her sister. " Hey mom we got some new neighbors. " Grace said seeing a girl of similar age leave the car. " Is that his daughter? " she asked wondering about the relationship between the guy and the girl.

" Grace come on we have to go.. now. " Gwyn pushed her wanting to go introduce herself to her hot new neighbor before he disappeared in the house. " But Gwyn my breakfast... " Grace complained. " Sorry sis no time. " Gwyn said grabbing her handbag and keys. " Bye Mom. " she said rushing over to give her a peck on the cheek and then pushing her sister out her door.

Grace was dressed in simple jeans with a t-shirt and sweater comfortable for school. Gwyn on the other hand was more stylish then her younger sister. She had a layered top with a long cardigan and scarf to keep the chill off. She walked out the door more composed then she left and slowed her sister a bit. " Come on Grace, let's go introduce ourselves. " Gwyn didn't wait for an answer as she dragged her sister across the lawn to meet the hunk of a man who had moved.

" Hey! " Gwyn called out to them and waved. " Welcome to the neighborhood. " she smiled at the guy. " I'm Gwyn from next door. " she held her hand out to shake his. Grace felt awkward being used as a tool for her sisters flirtations with the new guy next door and so she held onto her clutch bag and looked anywhere but at her sister. She spotted the girl and smiled softly giving a small timid wave.

" Oh and this is my sister Grace. " Gwyn introduced pushing her forward trying to encourage her to be social. " Is this your sister? " Gwyn asked about the young girl accompanying him doubting that it was was his daughter. She was to old and he was to young. Gwyn smiled at him and tucked her hair that was loose behind her ear. She wasn't being shy about her flirtations with him and she wondered if there were anymore people joining them, like his girlfriend perhaps, if he had one.
    KC

Post  KC Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Oh no no please god not now oh god im going to die Willow’s mind ran in overdrive as she stopped at the sight of two of their neighbours appear, one almost frantically waving. Did people not see the hoard of uncouth idiots who had so eagerly decided themselves to help Tate move? She figured meeting the neighbours was inevitable but she had wanted at least five minutes before being thought of as some loud mouth full of themselves trouble maker, kind of like her cousin.

Tate on the other hand, now searching through his keys had lifted his gaze to spot the woman frantically waving and marching across the lawn towards him. As usual a smile spread over his face, somewhat friendly, somewhat devious and he waited a moment before he finally reached over and gently took a firm hold to shake her hand “Hi Gwyn from next door, Thanks for the welcome” he replied smoothly, Willow stood with her rainbow headphones slung around her neck, arms folded as her leather bag hung off her shoulder while she stared past her cousin at the two girls. The younger girl who she figured was around her age looked almost as embarrassed as she did. Thank god she thought as she gave a small half wave back, looking more awkward as one of the guys shoved passed with a large moving box.

Tate smiled glancing at Grace for a moment wondering if Willow would perhaps feel a little more comfortable knowing someone close to her age lived in the street, probably not.
    “Hey Grace, This here is my cousin Willow” He gestured back to Willow as she reluctantly wandered over to them, Tate looking back to Gwyn.
    “Tate, also from next door” he winked. Willow rolled her eyes just out of view god shoot me now...

“Hey Kingston! Chuck us the keys” a guy shouted, standing next to Candy the promotions girl who was clearly pre-occupied shooting daggers with her eyes at Gwyn. Tate however took as water off a ducks back, tossing his keys to the guy on the steps of the house porch before turning back to the girls.

“So Gwyn from next door, is every neighbour as friendly and good looking in this place?”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Gwyn smiled at Tate and at Willow who seemed a little shy. She felt for her as it was always difficult moving to a new town. " Hey Wilow, welcome. " she smiled noticing the girl giving her evils from the doorway. It was a shame that he had a girlfriend but Gwyn had enough respect to know her boundaries and know when a guy was off limits.

She smirked when he asked about the other neighbors and she teased by appearing to ponder the question. " Hmm well it depends really. If you like cougars there is an old folks home around the corner. They are pretty friendly. " she laughed a little and then decided to wave at the girl who looked as though she could kill. " What's your girlfriends name? " she asked curious about her and why she seemed so possessive of the guy. She didn't see a ring after all.

Grace kicked at the dirt at her feet and looked at the girl who seemed as uncomfortable as she was. She shook her head to indicate for the two to move away from the gag worthy conversation happening between her sister and Willows cousin. Away from the adults Grace eased a little finding she related more to the girl of her own age. " Sorry about her. " she smiled glancing at her watch and then starting to play with the small amulets around her neck. A nervous habit.

" So will you be starting school at Rockford High? " she asked as at this point Grace had a feeling she would be late. " It's where I go so if you needed to carpool or anything... " she never really finished her offer in case the girl rejected her.

Rosa stood at the kitchen window stirring while her potions and brews simmered. Her dark eyes focused on the stranger now flirting with her eldest. There was something about him that bothered her but what it was yet she didn't know. But one thing was certain, she would be keeping a very close eye on this mister Kingston.
    KC

Post  KC Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 pm

“Hi” willow murmured to Gwyn, thanking her lucky stars when Grace gestured for her to step away from Tate and Gwyn. Hugging her bag to her side she walked away with Grace and gave a sigh of relief when Grace started to apologise.

Tate liked the fact that this chick from next door had a sense of humour, laughing at her sarcasm and glancing over his shoulder to eye candy who had turned away at the sight of Gwyn waving.
    “ahh yeah, i don’t have a girlfriend” he replied before turning back to watch her “that is Candy, she sort of works with me” he answered.

“don’t be sorry about her, im sorry about him” Willow laughed breathlessly before nodding “um yeah i am supposed to be, though i don’t think he remembered school starts today” Willow commented, glancing at Tate as he had watched Candy storm into the house. She looked back to grace as she mentioned carpooling and she smiled more genuinely. Thank god, she might actually have a friend here.
    “Really? That would be so good, I don’t really know anyone around here so i guess knowing at least one person has got to be a good advantage right? She laughed nervously.

Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Gwyn couldn't help but be delighted that he was an eligible bachelor and the boy next door to boot. " Oh well it's nice that you friends have all come to help you move. " she smiled at all the burly men lugging in furniture into the house. " So where do you work? " she asked her charm bracelet jangling on her wrist containing the same charms that were on her sister's necklace.

Grace smiled thinking this girl has no idea what kind of an outcast she was in terms of social standing in school but it was nice of her to say. " Well, if you want I can get my sister to bring you if you want to start today. Seems like your house is kinda full. " Grace said as more and more people were moving in stuff. " You probably wanna unpack and stuff though huh? " and then a thought occurred. " Oh here you should take this. " Grace said pulling off one of her many small necklaces.

A simply leather band was pulled from the others and a simple gold hand with on eye on the palm. " It's a good luck charm of sorts. It's meant to attract sportive energy and repel negative. " she shrugged as if it seemed to be a sort of myth but she knew it to be true. She couldn't exactly say she was a witch. " Might bring you good luck. " she said holding it out for her to take if she wanted.

Rosa looked at the clock and sighed as her daughters hung around in the front yard being ever later. She wiped her hands on her apron and then she went to the front door. She stood in the doorway and folded her arms taking in the new neighbors. " Gwyneth, your sister is going to be late for school. " she said calling out to her. But she seemed not to look at Gwyn but through her at the male. " You need to go now. "
    KC

Post  KC Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 am

Tate continued to smile at Gwyn as she spoke to him, wondering if she was single herself. Pretty stupid he thought, he figured
    she was but like he would care if she wasn’t anyway.
    “Well I own a mechanics business but I also fight competitively” he replied honestly. “Candy’s a mate, she a promotion and sign lady for some of the tournament companies.” He explained which was a little nicer then calling her sex in heals.
    “What about you?

“That’s my cousins fault, he’s a magnet when it comes to idiots” Willow replied in respects to the people carrying their furniture inside.

“its actually only meant to be us living there, but people crash at his home all the time” she added before smiling with a small nod “That would be cool, i can unpack stuff when i get home later” she added before looking at the necklace. She smiled a little brighter and took the necklace, taking careful moments to examine the charm with appreciation

“wow thanks...umm i don’t really have anything i can give back but i dunno maybe i can tell you some horrid stories instead” she joked before looking up as Grace’s mother spoke and she chuckled “Somehow i think we will get along perfectly”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:14 pm

" Competitive fighting? " Gwyn replied somewhat surprised. " You don''t look like a fighter. " she teased. " Your nose is still straight and eyes are not blackened. " she noted thinking wither he was a very good or a very bad fighter.

" At the moment I am working as a horticulturist in the local gardening center. I need to get experience before I can open my own landscaping business. " Gwyn explained having high hopes for her future but having to work to get what she wanted.

" I'm just heading there now after I drop my sister off at school. I can take Willow too since you are busy. " Gwyn offered genuinely as it didn't look like they hadn't organized a lift for her.

Grace tried to keep her laughter quiet as Willow made fun of her cousin and his friends. She admired her honesty. " Oh no you don't have to give me anything. " Grace said as she was thanked. " It's just some good mojo. People always carry baggage with them, you really should cleanse.... actually never mind. " Grace said awkwardly. She didn't have many friends outside of the witching circle and she had to remember to be normal.

" I would love to here your stories. " she chuckled. " We are pretty boring. " she lied thinking her family was anything but ordinary but to those outside of the family they appeared completely dull. " I hope so. " Grace said as she pulled open the car door and offered Willow a seat. She spotted her mother standing in the doorway and it did not bode well. But Grace could not worry about that now, she was going to be late for school. " Come on Gwyn let's go " she called out as she ducked into the car after Willow.
    KC

Post  KC Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:12 pm

"well i do try to avoid getting punched in the face" Tate replied amusingly. he listened to her, not expecting to hear that her work was involved around plants. she looked a little more high maintenance then that for sure. "wow sounds like a plan" he had replied and closed his eyes to scold himself when she mentioned school.
    "Shit i forgot all about that, if you wouldnt mind....here..." he replied, pulling out his wallet and slipping her a twenty. "for gas" he added as he shoved his wallet back into the back of his jeans and turned to see that Willow had already jumped into the car. He was never great at keeping up with her stuff.

--
    "oh well...thanks" Willow smiled, pulling the necklace down around her neck and getting in the car with Grace, taking a moment to put her mobile on silent and glance at the house and people swarming around it. "Hopefully our house can be boring sometime soon too"

Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:30 pm

She laughed when he said he avoided getting hit in the face and thought about actually going to see him fight. " Well the next time there's a fight... a match? " she wasn't sure what the correct term was and looked for correction. " Let me know. " she smiled flirtatiously.

She accepted the money and smiled " Thanks, I can take her in the mornings till you get settled. " she offered being neighborly but there was also a romantic element to her intentions. It wasn't everyday an Adonis moved next door.

She heard Grace calling and rolled her eyes. " That's my cue to go. " she said starting to move towards the car. " Maybe I will call round later, lend you a hand. " she said tossing her hair and giving him a cheeky wink as she got in the car with the girls.

The first thing she did was crank the AC up. " By the goddess " she muttered to herself looking back at Tate and then remembering the minors in the car. " Oh um school right. " she said starting the engine. " Seat belts. " she said and then pulled off looking in the back mirror for the view.

Grace rolled her eyes as her sister seemed to get hot and bothered by Willows cousin. She was so embarrassing and Grace wanted to dig a hole and die. She looked at Willow with a kill me now sort of look an hoped she wasn't as embarrassed as her as it was her cousin.
    KC

Post  KC Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:46 pm

Tate watched her struggle with terminology and smirked nodding with an inflated ego, "sure" he answered but then shook his head in regards to the school. "nuh this is a one time ask I owe you on, We should have a stable routine from tomorrow" he replied, taking complete advantage of her walking away from him and returning a smile to the wink she flirtatiously threw in his direction. He wouldn't argue with a new chick helping him to 'move in'.

Willow had almost returned the same look until she had seen Grace's face. elated that someone else felt the same way when it came to their elder relatives and as such she burst out in a chuckle, offering Grace a high five. finally some sort of normal person in her life...

"So, caught up on her life?" Candy remarked sarcastically when Tate finally appeared inside, though he didn't entertain her with an answer, instead looking around at the house again since he hadn't been back to the property since his inspection. hot neighbours and a new private home of their own was quite the ticket now that he had decided to take up on his own business out of his new garage, Kingston Mechanical Services. it meant that he could make money regardless of the fighting circuit and give Willow some extra funds for what she wanted to do. Candy stomped off out the back while a mob of guys continued to bring in pieces of furniture, the house abuzz with noise.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Grace smirked and high fived Willow as they chuckled amongst themselves at their relatives. Grace loved her sister and at times Gwyn was her only friend but sometimes Gwyn's self confidence bothered her as she was what could be considered an introvert and Gwyn, well Gwyn was Gwyn.

" What are you girls laughing about? " Gwyn said smiling happy to see that her little sister seemed to be making a friend. She often worried more about her sister then she let on and seeing her getting on so well with Willow was a relief. Maybe Grace wouldn't be so afraid to come out of her shell if she had a friend.

She didn't expect an answer and she drove on humming to the songs on the radio as she approached the school that wasn't far from their home. " Ok girls, have a good first day. Try not to get in to much trouble Grace please. " Gwyn raised an eyebrow at her sister in warning. There had been an incident at the end of last year where a girl suddenly became everything she said, so when the girl called Grace a loser she lost at everything and when she said someones hair was so bad she would look better bald well.... the results were not pretty.

Grace rolled her eyes but smiled at her sister all the same. " Ok thanks sis. " she said slamming the door and then looking at Willow. " Welcome to Hell. " she smirked.
    KC

Post  KC Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Willow looked around as gwyn drove, interested to see what rockford looked like. She had simmered her laughter down when Gwyn asked what they were laughing at, remembering she hadnt felt so welcome to a new home in such a long time. There was such a sense of warmth to the girls and she already felt like she could trust someone around the place. She just hoped Tate didn't do the sleep and ditch with Grace's sister.

As they arrived in front of the school Willow felt butterflies flood her stomach, nervous at how she would go in the new place. though Gwyn's comments prompted Willow to raise a brow. Grace seemed like the last person who would cause or end up in trouble. Shaking off the question that urged to escape her lips she instead mumbled a short and polite "thanks for the lift" and scooted out of the car before stopping to stare at the school.
    "jesus i hope its not hell" she replied to Grace and chuckled, walking off with her towards the doors.

Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:43 pm

Grace chuckled and kinda shock her head. " Depends on whether you like high school or not. " Grace said taking a deep breathe as if to center herself before taking a few steps towards the school.

A few of the other students began to pass by and whispered and giggled as they did so. It didn't go unnoticed by Grace and she looked defeated before she even entered the building. " I hate high school. " she muttered and she looked back at Willow. " We should get you to the Principals office so you can register. " Grace managed to muster a smile for her, happy to not have to walk into the school alone for once.

----------

Having dropped the girls off at school Gwyn made her way to the nursery. This time of year was often busy as the focus was getting the trees and plants ready for Winter trying to ensure they all survived. But today she was also looking for a house warming gift for her new neighbor. She new what she wanted but whether they had any left she didn't know.
    KC

Post  KC Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:25 am

"mm i dont mind it, just the people who make it suck" Willow murmured as she walked off beside Grace towards the entry, looking angry at the whispering and giggling. She hadn't even become an actual student at the school and there were already gossipers. She rolled her eyes and nodded in agreement with Grace
    "Yeah Tate can sign the stuff tomorrow if they will let me" she replied as they headed inside, the building completely different to the last school Willow had attended.

"any advice on people to avoid?" she asked nervously.
    ----------
    The house was abuzz with Tate's entourage, Candy helping by serving drinks while she set up the bar area on the back porch. The house was quite modern, deceptive by the front of the house which had originally made it look rather cottage suburban house like.

The back doors of the house were screens which folded along a line to each side and allowed Tate to open his kitchen and backroom living area to the back deck, entirely wooden. The deck stretched out with one side on an overhang above a long lap pool. there was standing room on that side with the spa in one corner and then on the opposite side there was an outdoor bar and cooking area before a set of steps which lead down into the garden grounds. The grass was lush and green, the gardens landscaped to suit the modern look of the house.

The driveway lead through the garage and down to the backyard to another large shed and a small pathway led back behind the pool yard and shed to the back fence. There was a small gate on the fence line which Tate had decided to keep, giving them access to the state forestland which the property bordered on. This place was simply magical and Tate had already envisioned his gym and work out equipment would sit half in and half out of the back shed to make the most of the scenery.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:48 am

Grace nodded and agreed Willow but she had her when issues when it came to school. She was the younger sister of Gwyn Williams. Prom Queen, cheer leading caption, President of the drama club and the clean campus society that focused on protecting the environment. Worse part was, everyone loved her. She wasn't like those mean girls in movies. Grace had to admit that as far as big sisters went she hit the jackpot but it made her look so inadequate compared to her. Grace was perfectly average, she excelled in nothing but didn't fail but that was never good enough when compared to Gwyn.

" The potheads is a good place to start. " she joked keeping her voice low as the hallways grew crowded and a few people stared. Grace automatically felt self conscious and seemed to retreat into herself a little bit. " You should just talk to people and see who you click with. " Grace said not wanting to be like the judgmental bitches that she hated in the school.

" I think we have all the usual clicks, jocks and cheerleaders, math and band geeks.. " she said as they passed the trophy case that held trophy's and pictures of past champions, including Gwyn, Caption of the Cheer leading team that won the National Championship. Grace sighed a little and shook her head as she always did when passing the case.

" I wonder if you will be in the same home room as me... " Grace wondered a loud as they neared the Principals office. If you are we have french first. " Grace smiled, she had a natural affinity for languages and it was one of the few things she was good at.

----------

Rosalina stood in the kitchen window over her brewing pots, keeping a watchful eye on the goings on next door. It was close to the hour and she too would have to leave for work soon but she was curious about these neighbors her daughters seemed to be fixated on this morning.

She turned the heat down on the stove an left the potions and brews to simmer. She walked up the stairs of her older house and quickly changed into a smart pants suit and put her hair back in a clip. She grabbed her bag and laptop and then headed out the door to her own car.

The car came to life and she placed her bag in the car looking back at her new neighbors. She had a feeling that they were going to be trouble and not just in the neighborly way. She noticed a small bird pecking at the window of the house and she shook her head. " Bad omen.. " she mumbled as she got in her car and headed for her office.
    KC

Post  KC Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:56 am

The idea of potheads seemed quite familiar to Willow; though she herself hadn’t mixed with them there were always a few of those sorts at fight nights to holler on Tate. The real people she wanted to stay clear of were the high maintenance type of girls, the typically popular in every inch of their being.
    “I guess, I just can’t stand getting caught up with those whiny omg I’m so popular girl groups, get what I mean?” she replied, looking at the ground in front of her as she walked out of habit. She hoped to hell she would be in the same classroom as Grace, hell it would help her a lot if she could chain them together for at least a day.

----------
    Tate spent a good few hours unpacking though after a while when Hector showed up in his beaten old half rusted blue van, the paneled doors beaten and hammered showing its age. The aged man waddled up the driveway, his rough facial hair twitching as he grumbled about the inconvenience of the distance between Tate new house and the training centre. It didn’t last long however, Hector bellowing out for Tate and complaining that he better not have a beer opened. That was always Hector’s rule before a match, no sex, no drugs, no alcohol.

“Im right here you old fool” Tate murmured as he rounded the corner, tossing a sweat towel at Hector who continued to grumble something inaudible along the lines of young whippersnappers and useless women, which had been somewhat directed at Candy.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Grace understood exactly where was Willow was coming from when she spoke about the high maintenance. She had to admit her sister had been guilty of that in her day but she at least was kind and never excluded anyone like the newest bunch of airheads did.

They were now outside the Principals office and Grace smiled at Willow. She imagined she was probably nervous. School was hard enough without being the new girl too. " How about I talk to the principal for you, I've got some pull. " Grace smiled and she walked in to see the receptionist.

The receptionist seemed friendly and smiled at the two girls. " Welcome back Grace. " she said clearly familiar with the girl and smiling at the new face. " Ah this must be the new girl I have heard so much about. Well she's expecting you so go on in. " she said indicating to the Principals office and Grace smiled and thanked her.

" Come on. " Grace smiled and led her to the door knocking and stepping in. " Hey Mum. " she said with a smile. " This is Willow. " she said and then introduced Willow. " This my mum, she's the Principal. "

Rosalina sat in the large leather chair and looked up to see her new neighbor that her daughter seemed to have taken a shining to. " Welcome to our little school Willow. I am Ms. Williams. " she said standing to shake the girls hand and then sitting again.

Grace smiled and remained standing. " Mum, I was wondering... if Willow could be in my home group? " she asked hoping that she would get her own way for once. Rosaline looked up at the girls for a moment and sighed. Being principal she made a point of never showing favoritism but Grace didn't have many close friends and this could be good for her.

" Well it could be considered. " she said professional. " Would you like that Willow? " she asked her dead in the eye. She came across as rather intimidating but that was her general aura and it was nothing personal... most of the time.
    KC

Post  KC Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:47 pm

“you’ve got pull with the principal?” Willow gawked in disbelief, not understanding how Grace had that managed. Perhaps she was a complete A grade suck up kid? Though she didn’t seem that bad at all. Following Grace in the office she looked between her and the receptionist who welcomed Grace almost like family. Still, it wasn’t until they entered the office and came face to face with Grace’s mother who Willow had spotted earlier that willow realised the principal was Grace’s mother.
    Oh no.... Willow thought to herself, hidden by a polite smile. If this woman was her neighbour and her school principal she was screwed. She put a deep and meaningful ‘house’ meeting on her to do list with her cousin. It wasn’t that she would stuff up at school but Tate’s reputation and his endless stream of party going friends would most likely drive this woman nuts before anyone could successfully change willow out of the school and make belief she didn’t exist.

Shaking the woman’s hand she brightened her smile to hide her embarrassment and shame
    “Hello Miss....Thank you for having me here at the school” she answered, moving to take a seat but hesitating when Grace remained standing. Instead she paused mid seat and stood again, letting her bag slip to the chair instead whilst grace asked if they could be in the same room together. The sigh wasn’t a great sign, until Grace’s mother asked her the next question.
    “Yes miss, I would really appreciate that” she answered.

Hector had given Tate an endless list of things to do in preparation for the fight, though somehow in the midst of the chaos he had snuck across to the neighbour’s yard without Hector realising he had disappeared. He had been pissed that he didn’t get Gwyn’s number though he hadn’t intended on making a move so soon. Perhaps it was his ego but Tate figured there was no harm, sticking an envelope with her name printed on the front into the letterbox, having placed a flyer inside for his title bout. With a devilish smile and Hector yelling in the background, Tate wandered back inside.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Rosa almost looked through Willow as she shook her hand. Rosalina had that affect on people at times. That she could look into their very souls and bring out every guilty emotion they ever had.

She sat in her chair and took the pan and placed it in her nads thinking about what to do with the girl. On one hand Grace had never been asked to be placed in the same room as another girl before and although Rosa liked the polite Willow, the guardian of this child had already annoyed her.

" Well I suppose since you are new here Willow it would only be fair to place you with a friend. " Rosa said filing through some papers and pulling out Grace's home room timetable. " Here is your timetable and I am sure Grace will help you find your way around. " Rosa said and then a sudden stern look crossed her face. " Do not make me regret this decision girls. No chit chat in class and I don't want to see any grades slipping. " the warning was more for Grace then Willow. She feared she may be a bad influence but it was to early to tell. " Now off to class girls. " she said smiling a little at the pair and ushering the pair out.

----- Time Jump -----

Gwyn's car pulled up in the driveway at about midday as Gwyn was only working a half day so she worked through her lunch to get home early. She looked a little different then this morning, her hair was tied back there was dirt under her fingernails and her jeans were worn around the knees.

She went to the letter box like she always did when she was working a short day and grabbed the post for her mother. She flicked through the letters until she found a strange one with her name on it.

" Hmm... " she said too impatient to wait till she got inside to open it. She pulled out the flyer and smiled looking over at Tate's house as she did so. It was an advertisement for a fight and Tate was in it.

She had to admit she was impressed. She had never been asked out by flyer before. She pulled a pen out of her bag and wrote a message on the back as a reply. She made a paper airplane and then shot it towards his house using a little magic to send it on it's way.

" See you there. Gwyn. X "

She stood beside the letter box until the flyer slipped through an open window and she smiled heading toward her own house. She had to find something to wear to a fight.

KC

Post  KC Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:07 pm

Willow found herself staring off to the floor under the eyes of the principal, feeling her stomach churn even though there was little reason for her to feel such a way. It was only because she understood exactly what their neighbours often thought and she could only hope Mrs Williams didn’t decide that their home lives should transfer to school life as well. A flush of relief warmed her cheeks when Mrs Williams told her that it would be unfair not to place her with a friend. Thank GOD...
    Willow glanced over to Grace and tried hard not to show just how relieved she was, heading the warning Grace’s mother gave them and nodded
    “Thank you Miss, I promise ill do more than my best” she told her nervously, allowing herself to be ushered out by Mrs Williams.

----- Time Jump -----

Tate entertained Hectors constant badgering throughout the afternoon, going through his usual workout routine and final checks as they counted down to fight night. He hadn’t given himself the time to check for a reply though it hadn’t even registered with Tate until he had walked to the stairs with the intentions of a shower. His toes caught the side of the flyer and he glanced down wondering why it was on the floor.

“hmm” Tate mused when he read the note from Gwyn, smiling at the thought that somehow she had snuck in without him noticing, or at least no one else had mentioned her popping over to actually reply to his suggestion.

----
    ----- Time Jump -----
    “Oh my god thank you” Willow thanked Grace when they exited school, walking with her towards home since Grace actually knew where to go. The day hadn’t been as bad as Willow thought and since her mother had paired them up with the same timetable it had been much easier going. Except for French, she couldn’t understand it in the slightest.

When she had reached the new place she inwardly groaned at the sight of Hector’s van. He was a nice man but he was old, overweight and sweaty. Looking to Grace she had waved and said her goodbyes, grabbing a piece of paper from her diary out of her satchel and scribbling down her mobile number.
    “I have to go with my cousin to a competition so we won’t be home till later tonight, but you can txt me on here, i get bored at the comps anyway” she told her.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Grace had probably had the best day since... well in forever. Grace and Willow had stuck close together all day but Grace had heeded her mothers words. She knew that despite being her daughter she would not be getting any favors on her part.

" Oh a competition, well wish him luck. " she said not actually sure what kind of competition it was but wishing him luck none the less. " I will text you once my homework is done. " she said waving and then heading in her house.

Her mum as usual, had gotten home before her and was brewing something over the hob and Grace walked into the kitchen happier then she been that morning. She walked over and wrapped her arms around her mother's waist hugging her.

Rosa was pleasantly surprised by Grace;s sudden affection as Grace had been distant for some time. She looked over her shoulder to see Grace's body pressed against her back and she raised an eyebrow smiling. " I take it that's for pairing you with Willow. " she said smiling and she continued to stir. " Thanks Mum. " Grace said before releasing her and then moving to the table to start on her homework.

--------------

Gwyn had heard Grace coming home and she actually sounded happy for a change and that in turn made a good day even better for her.

She had spent a couple of hours googling Tate and this fighting business and it turned out that he was a pretty big deal. Gwyn couldn't deny that she was impressed but it did look like a gruesome business.

After checking Tate out she then googled what the appropriate attire was to wear for a match and discovered that it seemed to be pretty casual. Gwyn had picked her favorite pair of jeans and picked a striped floaty vest top to wear. Her charms were on full display but she was hardly ever with out them much like Grace.

She sprayed some mousse onto her hand and began running it through her hair making the use of hair natural waves and sweeping it all to one side., making an effort for the hunk who had moved in next door.

Tales of Rockford 68a466b8952f52235901117732ff2031_zps208290f5
    KC

Post  KC Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Willow had bid grace a goodbye, heading in to find the house a little less busy but still as rowdy as the morning. There were still boxes littered about the place full of things to unpack though willow had figured those who had come to help were only fussed about drinking beer.
    Dropping her bag on a chair in the kitchen Willow trudged up the stairs, already hearing hector’s booming laugh from the back deck as she groaned. She didn’t even have time to set up her things before she would have to go with the others to the fight club. There was a hell of a lot of things she could be doing rather than sit and watch her cousin get punched in the face.
    “GET OUT!” Candy squealed, a mush of avocado over her face and rollers in her hair, looking like something that had crawled out of a salad bowl. Willow jumped at the sight, not having expected when walking into her private bathroom that Candy would be in there will half a beauty salon. Simply glaring she huffed and walked out, deciding instead to simply dive into her box of closet clothes and find a clean shirt and pair of jeans to wear out to the fight.
    “Hey kid” Tate murmured approximately fifteen minutes later when Willow was lacing a pair of doc martin boots. He smiled as he watched her
    “How was the first day?” he asked.

Willow glanced over and smiled, shrugging ‘Our next door neighbour is my principal and she let me have the same timetable as Grace, i didn’t get detention or locked in a locker so i guess it was okay” she replied pointing over her shoulder in the direction of the bathroom.

“You never told me i was sharing my room” she questioned matter of factly and Tate rolled his eyes “I didn’t realise that was where she went. He looked apologetic but Willow tossed a bundle of socks at him and they both gave a small laugh, in typical fashion.
    “Cars are leaving in about ten” Tate spoke before leaving Willow to put her shoes on and head down.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:35 am

Gwyn wasn't a fan of make up having never felt the need to use it so her make up for the evening was a pink tinted lip gloss and some eyeliner to emphasize her eyes.

She had blow dried her hair and it fell in full natural waves around her face. Gwyn checked herself out in her mirror before she made her way downstairs. She went into the kitchen where her younger sister sat doing her homework, history by the sounds of it.

" Those history books are wrong Grace, you really shouldn't bother with that farce. " Rosalina said with her back turned stirring dinner among other concoctions on her hob. " But Mum I have an essay due in two days. "Grace tried to explain avoiding bringing up the topic of the Salem Witch Trials. Her mother would go on a rant for hours if she did.

Gwyn came in like the peacekeeper that she was and smirked looking at Grace understanding why she avoided it. Gwyn unfortunately didn't have the benefit of learning from someone else's mistakes so she had been there for her mothers historical rant a few years ago. " Tell you what Gracey put it away and I will help you out tomorrow ok. " she offered hoping to prevent another session.

Grace smiled a little relieved an nodded putting away the books. " Sure thanks Gwyn. " she said slipping the books back into her bag and then looked up at her sister. " You look nice. " she said suddenly wondering where her sister was going. Rosa turned to see her eldest dolled up with hardly anything on in her opinion. " Gwyneth..you will catch your death in that get up. " she said disapprovingly but knowing that she could no more control what she wore as where she went.

Gwyn chuckled a little and went over to her mum. " Don't worry mother I will put up a good fight. " she teased before pecking her on the cheek. " I won't be to late. " she said heading towards the front door and rubbing the Grace on the head as she did so.

As she stepped outside she began rooting in her handbag for a set of keys, a dark grey suede jacket hung over her arm. She stood beside the car, bag propped in the top as she was pulling and rummaging getting more frustrated. Maybe she had left them in inside but she would search her bag before heading back inside.
    KC

Post  KC Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:51 am

Tate had his gym bag slung over his shoulder, dressed in his casual jeans and a black singlet he hardly looked the part of a typical boxer type of lad. This was a little different however, mixed martial arts being his profession rather than simply punching each other in the face. Candy eventually peered from the house, a long black and white fur coat wrapped around her as though she were in the dead of winter. Only it wasn’t that time of year and needless to say from the look of her she should have been sweating. Instead Candy was wearing the coat to cover what little she had on, her promotional outfits never necessarily anything wearable outside of the ring. She carried a small purse with her, only to hold her phone and makeup she would need to refresh with throughout the night. The rest of the girls would be at the fight club and most of her necessities were already there in the dressing room.

Hector grumbled incoherently as he ushered candy and then Willow out of the house and down to his beaten old van, Tate following shortly behind after he had given instructions on keeping the house standing to the man standing in the doorway. Only rather than give the glare at Gwyn next door as Candy was currently doing, Tate smiled when he turned to walk to the car and spotted her.
    “Hey girl next door, need a ride?” He called out to her as he walked down towards the cars, a promotion towel slung casually over his shoulder.

---
    “Thanks for today, life saver’ Willow typed into her phone, sending it to Grace as she glanced out and watched her cousin speak to Grace’s sister. The thought of them flirting made her inwardly groan, what if he slept with her? She shuddered at the thought of Tate bagging another lass but it being her only friend’s sister.

“Get in the bloody van will you!” Hector bellowed out of the window, his cigar wedged between old teeth as he grumbled. Tate took little notice, seeing as it was hectors way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:53 am